Mooring Cover Warranty Work

Jack M

Reaction score
Since it is Sunday and my dealer is closed .I will check here first .

Does anyone know who does the warranty work on the mooring cover ?

Bennington or http://www.tumacscovers.net/.

They are the ones who made my cover .

I found about an 8 inch section of seam yesterday that was missed by the sewing machine .

I would take it up with your dealer and they would probably have it fixed locally so you won't be without it.

Yes, you start with the dealer as Carl said. They will work with Bennington on who will take it from there.

Dealer fixed a couple snaps on mine last winter.

Went to the dealer today . I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they have their own canvas shop .

I can drop it off anytime ,if I would like to leave it for a few days .I can make an appointment and have it done while I wait ,or bring it in at seasons end .

Any of the options will work for me .

He also told me that he went down to the open house yesterday .Had a great time .I asked him if he saw the wood paneled Q .

He said yes . I thought it was an applique on a standard panel . He told me it was Real Wood ( If I recall Mahogany ) and a $30,000.00 option which includes all trim ,tables and panels .This may sound dumb but ,isn't that going to be much heavier ?

Very good question and it is heavy. You lift up the gate and you can feel the difference. It is a cruiser so the weight penalty is outweighed by the cool factor.

Understand, but realize that a Cruze and a Viper will both get you to the grocery store. Our boat is for our enjoyment and that boat is for the person that appreciates wood and style and looks and can afford it. Not for me but it is a WOW

I appreciate the work and craftsmanship on the Q but it isn't my style. It sure commanded the room though.

Just had the covered repaired at the dealer.

Took less than an hour ,they also found a few other things and fixed those .

I was also told they have done a lot of Bennington cover repairs this year for the same issues as mine .

My 2013 GL cover has been fitted to a "T" but in a hard rain water does get through. My ?  is has anyone tried the water repellent that I once saw adv. on TV. It lets water run off anything that is canvas or any type of heavy cloth material? Water beads and runs, looks like if water lands on an oiled surface and beads but won't penetrate. If such is the case, does this stuff build up then start to flake. That could be a mess.

I need a name of the product or suggestion on what I could use.

I'd just like to keep the rug dry 

303 High Tech Fabric Guard ,I use it on all of the canvas and the carpet .It repels very well .

You will get a lot of recommendations here for it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Rustoleum "Never Wet" has anyone used it ? I'm wondering how far it would cover. There's a lot of square feet on the cover.

It looks like it'd work, but for how long in the SC hot sun. I think the sun is the reason why the new cover I have didn't repel the rain as well as it should have

Last edited by a moderator:
The covers on newer boats are not canvas. They're more of a polyester.

Hey Carl what's recommended just 303? After the shrink wrap comes off in the spring and the cover goes back on I'd like to keep everything dry during the wet period. I have a 4 pole set up so no puddles. Some rain water just seems to seep through.

The 303 fabric stuff is real good.

I don't think you will "stop" water from getting through. The 303 acts like wax, making the water bead up and roll off. I keep ours sprayed with 303, but on heavy rains it still manages to seep through at the seams. In the summer, if there's any moisture under the cover, it also sweats so before I pull the cover, I wipe the underside with a towel.

303 definitely helps. Good Stuff !!

Back