Mud Dabbers have taken over my Benny.

Dryer sheets are cheapest at a dollar store

Sounds funny but to keep critters out of tubing you can use panty hose over the ends. Steel wool will rust and leave streaks.
Silicone will seal the opening but will seal in any moisture which can lead to rust on stainless screws over time.
Have seen panty hose also used over cheaper lift motors to keep daubers out of the internals which will stop the motors from running. Have used them over the ends of piping secured with rubber bands..

Carl,
Those certainly look better than panty hose and are the caps of choice. Some folks are not sure that those things exist or where to find them and would definitely do the job better. Was just trying to find a fix that is quick and easy prior to finding the perfect fitting.
Thanks for posting the source for the end caps...

WOW! ... those plugs look great! After looking at the web site there seems to be all kinds of them ... any details on the specifics of which are the exact ones that work inside the rails of a Bennington?
THANKS!

DE174583-0D6C-4696-8712-F18BFCEFC892.jpeg

I found all of my caps on Ebay. But it required two different sizes. For the Main Bimini support, which is a thicker guage square tubing than all of the rest, I needed the smaller square cap (1-1/8”). For all of the rest I used the 1-14” Caps. The photo shows the Ebay description for the two different caps.

Also, I had to trim most of the caps where the bolts were as the cap was deeper that the depth of the bolts. This was easily done with a box cutter. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply about some caps on Ebay, but I was hoping for details on the specifics of which are the exact ones that work inside the rails of a Bennington from Carl & Suzi who posted about the https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-cap-plugs
THANKS!

I'll have to measure if it's not raining tomorrow.

1 3/32" Looks like these: 9565K53

You guys here are definitely THE BEST ... sorry I missed all this really good stuff back in 2017! Thanks, again, for all your great help. THINK SPRING! :)
THANKS!

Spray your boat with "Talstar P" couple times a year. It keeps all the bugs away. You can buy it at Amazon. Mix it 2 ounce per gallon of water, so you do not need a big bottle of it.

Thanks for the tubing plug info. Ordered a batch for spring launch. The spiders are always nesting in the tubing and I’m cleaning webs every weekend. Hopefully these eliminate the majority of that.

Back