My Boat Companion

Alicedream

Reaction score
BC8B688D-6024-4A01-B31E-C67F90BEA896.jpeg 4EB88BBF-30BC-4210-8E12-BCAB8540874B.jpeg F06DFB4A-00E2-46B6-ABA1-70C910CDB315.jpeg DC5B41C7-6692-4AE6-A67E-0565B9F9F2FA.jpegWe put down my boat companion today. Nixon has been on almost every boat voyage I have taken over the last 10 years on all three of the Bennington’s I have owned. Best dog I have ever had. I will miss him.

Last edited:
My condolences on your loss, Dogs are great companions!

Sorry for your loss

My Lab was the best dog I ever had too. He went fishing with me all the time in my 14 ft. Klamath back in the day.
It's a big loss. Wishing you guys all the best.
Loved your pictures of him enjoying the boat as much or more than you!

Sorry for your loss. Looks like some great memories in those pictures.

Very sorry buddy. Looks like you gave him a wonderful life. Nothing like a Labrador

Sorry for your loss.

I’m not sure how to get the crying emoji on here but I’ll feel for you and wish you the best in this time of grieving. We have 3 labs ourselves and 2 more before this group of idiots. It’s a tough road but it’ll get better.

What beautiful companion he was. Sorry for your loss. It's so very hard but you will get through it, and will have many wonderful memories in the end!

So sorry for your loss!
We lost our big guy 2 years and 2 days ago. We had a lot of tears for the first while, now we have sad laughs. Sad because we still miss him so much, laughs because we can now look back and laugh about all his funny quirks! Take care!

We had a custom urn made for our Gibson from a picture we had taken of him, we couldn't be more pleased with the craftsmanship and love that went into it.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/508585550/large-urn-ossuary-custom-urn-for-melissa

Thank you. The urn is great. I will be spreading Nixon’s ashes in the lake where he loved to swim in June.

So sorry for the loss of your buddy.

Awe, he was a gorgeous dog and looked like he belonged on that boat. So sorry he’s gone.

:(:(:(
Companion lost. So sorry!

So sorry to hear this Alicedream. My wife and I have a yellow lab and it’s the first dog either of us have ever had. We’ve had him since 8 weeks and would be a wreck without him. The upside is remembering all the good times and the joy they have brought us over the years. And don’t worry, Nixon will be on all your future rides in spirit. Hang in there.

Very sorry to hear Ray. Dogs are family too and we all get pretty attached to them quickly.

Losing a member of the family is not an easy thing, sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss, such a beautiful dog. My lab goes everywhere I go, and I would be so lost without him.

Sorry for your loss, such a beautiful dog. My lab goes everywhere I go, and I would be so lost without him.

Nixon and I were inseparable. You summed it up great. Thank you.

Back