My pontoon leans to the left side

cnelson

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1999 Bennington 2575 FS. I have had it for 3 years now and it has always leaned to the left side. I have checked and have not been able to find water in any of the chambers on that side of the pontoon. Is this normal as most the seats are on this side? Does anyone have any other ideas what it might be? I bought it with sea legs installed but they are mounted in the center and not favoring one side. Thanks in advance.

Maybe your lake is crooked?

How much lean is there? I would imagine a few inches not a big deal with layout of furniture, batteries, fuel etc. But if it’s severe then sounds like the most likely culprit is water in a toon. How have you confirmed your toons are empty?

.........Maybe there is a rock collection stored under seats on one side? lol might want to see if excess stuff stored unevenly?

Everybody already touched on possible causes of the lean. Batteries, heavy cargo on one side, etc. Where is your gas tank? Are you able to put your boat on a trailer to check for water sloshing around inside. If there is it's an easy fix. The welder will just drill a hole and weld it after the water drains out. He can also install a threaded bung hole for future use..

With that amount of lean, I would say water in toon. I just had my left pontoon repaired and I also have a 99' 22 footer. The top left seam was the problem. Only charged me $120 to check both and repair it. You can hear he water if you pull it out and do a start/stop in the parking lot.

My 24SSL leans to the left, but the furniture layout is not symmetrical. Most of it is on the left. Plus both batteries are in the left. I compensate by keeping anchors and other heavy items on the right side. It's done this since day 1.

I'm not saying that isn't the case, but I thought the exact same thing about my boat. The leak was high enough in the toon that it stayed consistent for a long time. I also had to replace a bolt in the engine mount/transom because I had lost one and it caused the boat to lean a bit. Just brainstorming. My sits very level despite the couch/lounge and fuel tank on the left.

Let's keep this conversation on track please.

Back