My siphon is a piece of junk

My siphon only goes in a few inches ,it is half inch diameter .

On my RCW with 55g tank, it only goes in a few inches but seems to work fine. I set the gas can on a towel on top of the rear lounger head rest. Perhaps there is a blocked vent line or something? Either way I'd ask the dealer to help out with the problem.
I too have the rear loungers and the 5-gallon sits perfectly on the top of the headrest where it meets the wraparound seat just forward of them. I guess I will have to back my boat in and try using the can to try and directly fill the tank and see what happens. If it's still spitting, I'll call the dealer. Thanks for the help. I let me neighbor with an older Bennington try it out and he was AMAZED! Instead of being proud to finally throw a tip his way, I was just jealous that it worked for so well for him. Hehe.

Skipperbill, can you post a pic of the hoses connected to the rear of your gas fill? I have the older style that lets the siphon tube go in much farther, and am curious to see the venting arrangement you have. Who knows?, maybe seeing a pic will suggest a fix.

Will do...but won't be at my boat for another 1 1/2 weeks. It's killing me to have to miss a weekend on the lake but somebody had to go and plan a bachelor/bachelorette party during the Summer. Ha!

Today was the was the 8th and 9th time I used it ,( 5 gallons each ) Today it spit out of the over flow .Did everything the exact same way I have previously .

I have read about the vent issues on the center tanks ,I don't have a center tank .

We ended up getting it to work by crimping the siphon hose and slowly uncrimping it .

Any thoughts or comments ?

I have no clue as to why I had an issue today .

I was at just under half tank when this happen ,so there was room for the 10 gallons .

I was able to figure mine out. It turns out I didn't have the can elevated high enough to get a good flow. Now it sucks it down quick.

Thats why it doesn't make sense to me . I have been using it the same way for a month now and never had any problems until today .

Give this thread a read: http://club.benningt...l��vent__st__20

Could be you got some gas up your vent line, and need to clear it out.
Thanks ,it also talks about " angle ",I believe that the angle had to different today . Usually it is my wife ( on the dock ) and myself .Today it was my brother-in-law and myself both on the stern .

My read was stern down is good - guess it varies.

My read was stern down is good - guess it varies.
That is also what I would have thought .

The only other thing is, I check the gas gage before I start to fill ,then turn the power back off when filling .

I did not check it before filling this time .I knew I had room for 10 gallons .

Just the other day I was reading an online copy of the user manual for my outboard. What can I say?, it was late and I was bored. Anyway, of relevance to this topic is the recommendation to only fill tanks to 90% of capacity to allow for fuel expansion from temperature increases. I think many boat or tank manufacturers underrate tank sizes to allow for expansion, but where does that leave us when we are filling at the pump? Rant mode ON. I think we are all familiar with the hissing sound we sometimes get when removing the gas cap on an automobile, so are there precautions we are suppose to take when topping off on a hot day? What happens when the carbon filter in the vent line gets some pressure behind it? I dislike spilling gas as much as I dislike just about anything else. Maybe more. But there are so many variables, and recent changes dictated by the EPA for protection of the environment are seemingly have the opposite effect as seen with these spills, and mores the pain, can actually cause us serious risk. Ok, rant mode off.

My Bennington spec sheet says it has a 24 Gallon tank with 21.4 usable to allow for expansion .

Back