My siphon is a piece of junk

lakeliving

Reaction score
I picked one up at O'Reilys and it works for crap. The fitting says FLOTOOL on it. Is this the same as a super siphon or are there different grades?? Nothing like pulling the boat out of the lift and dragging it to shore to gas up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does or doesn't it do?

It pulls about 1 gallon from a 5 gallon can that I set on the rear lounger of the sslx. After that it stops, no matter what I do, remove, re prime it doesn't get a siphon going. I used my neighbors last year to empty a jet ski tank and it really pulled it out. This one seems very weak at best.

Bring it back and get a real one.

I thought they would be pretty generic. Is there any branding/label on the brass valve portion of the "real" one?

don't know it is up at the lake but when I used this it emptied a 5 gallon gas can pretty quick and to the bottom. For $15 I would just order it and be done

I thought they would be pretty generic. Is there any branding/label on the brass valve portion of the "real" one?
Mine says (on the brass valve portion ) top line " SAFETY SIPHON (bottom line) ,MADE IN THE USA "

Mine also has a "glass marble "

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup,, I think the "glass marble" for whatever reason, makes it work better. I know mine works great .... Do what Carl said ....

I have that one linked on Amazon and it works great.

Mine has the glass marble too however, an Amazon purchase is coming my way. I'll add some 303 and get over $25 for the free shipping

Make sure you get one with 1/2" ID tubing (or better).

Finally got around to using my Super Siphon. I have the 1/2" one and I cannot believe how well that works! Emptied 2 of my 6 gallon gas cans in about 2 minutes each! I didn't spill a single drop. No more killing my back trying to pour it in myself and no more spilling it into the lake (which wasn't very much but I still hated that when it happened). I will recommend this to everyone I know. One thing I figured out was when it gets to be almost emptied out the can, tilt the can at an angle to the end of the Super Siphon is in a corner to get as much out as possible.

It's nice when a product works as well as advertised.

Yeah, I was amazed at how much it siphons out, it pretty much gets every last drop. Well all but maybe a tablespoon from my jug.

My neighbor was man handling four 5 gallon cans for his Ski Nautique today when I showed him how my siphon worked. He couldn't believe he didn't know about this after living on the lake for years and being in the car business himself. He ordered 2 on the spot.

I tried to use my super siphon to fill my tank and gas is spilling back out of the fill hole. I am only able to get the hose in until the constricting internal hole (so maybe 4 inches?) and that constricting inner ring is so small, it doesn't even seem like a gas pump nozzle would even fit through it. I haven't tried to fill straight out of the gas can yet and have already reviewed the issues others have had with gas spitting back at them due to vent problems while filling? I am not near my siphon but am pretty sure it's about 1/2 inch OD. Are any of you able to get your tubing in further than me, thus avoiding possibly pouring gas into the vent line. Btw, I already checked one posters suggestion of making sure there are no low spots in the vent line...there isn't any slack. What to do? I have a 56 gallon center tube tank and need an easy solution for getting lots of gas in considering I'm lakefront, don't have a trailer and there aren't any marinas on the lake.

On my RCW with 55g tank, it only goes in a few inches but seems to work fine. I set the gas can on a towel on top of the rear lounger head rest. Perhaps there is a blocked vent line or something? Either way I'd ask the dealer to help out with the problem.

We have an older boat without all the emission stuff and I can put the hose all the way down the fill tube.

Back