Mystery part found under rear seat - Any ideas?

LMBENNINGTON

Reaction score

Any idea what this is? I was really hoping it was a cap for the table hole, but no such luck.  It doesn't fit the ski pylon hole either. I found it under one of the back seats.

Thanks.

The item at the top of the picture is what I have used for 20 years as a money clip.  :)

The item at the top of the picture is what I have used for 20 years as a money clip.  :)
Yeah, I guess you don't need a big one after having 2 Benningtons :rolleyes:

I've found quite a few mystery washers and screws under my helm. None like that though. 

I've kept my misc. bolts, fasteners etc. found as well so if I need one hopefully it is an in stock item.

Looks like a "makeyewonder" to me.  You have found it and it will make you wonder what it is for the rest of your life.  lol

I have no idea.  Good luck.

Looks like the top of the vent for a mooring cover.

Vent top is a good guess. I checked that and they are a little bigger.  Still a mystery for now...

The factory had left over parts from many years ago, a great way to get rid of the parts?  Or could be extra parts from the "Merger" of the other company,,,,jus saying

Yeah, I guess you don't need a big one after having 2 Benningtons :rolleyes:
Way off the topic - kind of sorry

Actually, my 2 boats cost less than the maxed out Q's that people have been buying lately. I just hauled the big boat for winterizing and storage.  I am glad I don't trailer it far.  That thing is a monster. it's wide and heavy.  We travel on a less than 2 lane road for 10 miles and had 2 close calls with oncoming traffic. 

Way off the topic - kind of sorry

Actually, my 2 boats cost less than the maxed out Q's that people have been buying lately. I just hauled the big boat for winterizing and storage.  I am glad I don't trailer it far.  That thing is a monster. it's wide and heavy.  We travel on a less than 2 lane road for 10 miles and had 2 close calls with oncoming traffic. 

Was only kidding, Now that we bought a place in Florida I have toyed with the idea of a boat down there but having trouble reaching into my pocket.  Thought it might be wise to wait and see how the winter goes and experience  a winter to see how much boating I would actually do down there. 

I have a saltwater edition tri-toon that could be available for rent (for the right rate!!!) during the MI off season...

Was only kidding, Now that we bought a place in Florida I have toyed with the idea of a boat down there but having trouble reaching into my pocket.  Thought it might be wise to wait and see how the winter goes and experience  a winter to see how much boating I would actually do down there. 
Also sorry for off topic, but I'd love to have a center console for that place in Florida some day.

A guy keeps this beauty on a local lake here and shuttles it to Florida for the season down there. I took a lousy picture, but it's a Sunsation 34' center console, all black, with triple Merc 400R's on the back. It definitely screams ...

It looks like some sort of mounting ring, Does it have studs underneath to match the spot welds? I looks like something might mount over it with a tab and rotate to lock in, the second pic looks like the cover for it when nothing is mounted on it? Just my 2 cents! 

Also sorry for off topic, but I'd love to have a center console for that place in Florida some day.

A guy keeps this beauty on a local lake here and shuttles it to Florida for the season down there. I took a lousy picture, but it's a Sunsation 34' center console, all black, with triple Merc 400R's on the back. It definitely screams ...

Oh my gawd! That thing is beautiful!!!!!

More off topic, just for your enjoyment

Oh my gawd! That thing is beautiful!!!!!
WIN_20150506_174223-1.jpg

TomS, you know I am a slow cruiser at about 8 - 12mph, will that boat be able to do that or is 50 the lowest speed it does?

TomS, you know I am a slow cruiser at about 8 - 12mph, will that boat be able to do that or is 50 the lowest speed it does?
Ha ha, maybe on one engine running at idle, but if on the ICW you'll need to be moving along or get run over.

Tell him that 2 572's would have less drag.

Was only kidding, ( I know) Now that we bought a place in Florida I have toyed with the idea of a boat down there but having trouble reaching into my pocket.  Thought it might be wise to wait and see how the winter goes and experience  a winter to see how much boating I would actually do down there.
I would look for a used Bennington.  Get a none salt water engined boat.  They are hard to find but what you pay today you would be able to sell it for next year if you don't use it enough.  Our big boat would resell for more than we paid for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back