Nearly cried when I saw them...

kaydano

Reaction score
We're at a resort with a fleet of rental Bennies... All trashed.

Such a shame for such a quality product. But I must admit...... my dealer has about 20 G series boats in his rental fleet.

The pain and unfairness of it all!

The local Benny dealer here sells their fleet after a certain amount of hrs. Nicely equipped. Seagrass flooring etc. They are S class and have 115's on them but I have seen a 150.

The local Benny dealer here sells their fleet after a certain amount of hrs. Nicely equipped. Seagrass flooring etc. They are S class and have 115's on them but I have seen a 150.
Why, is Diane ready now? :)

Why, is Diane ready now? :)
Diane's always ready. But not for one of those fleet boats and especially after the last couple weeks. Got a couple good stories to tell at dinner.....

Don’t hold out on us Daril!

Such a shame for such a quality product. But I must admit...... my dealer has about 20 G series boats in his rental fleet.

Actually, that’s probably why they are Benningtons, they’ll outlast the other “cheap” boats available.

Actually, that’s probably why they are Benningtons, they’ll outlast the other “cheap” boats available.
He sells off every two to three years and they always look great besides who wouldn’t like a G series boat!

Last edited:
We took out a SX24 for a couple hours yesterday morning. It had a Mercury 150 fourstroke just like ours. We have a 24SSL which is very close too. Could not get it over 26 mph. Ours hits 40 easily. It had the SPS hull. First time I drove one of those. Although it does turn nicer, it was very sluggish on acceleration compared to our Express which leaps out of the water on full throttle. Seems like something was wrong, but nothing appeared to be. Motor ran fine. 5200 RPM...

It had hydraulic without power. I am definitely installing that on our boat this fall! It was significantly easier to steer, although I could not get the boat into the higher mph range, so I could be wrong about that. Boat had 150 hours on it.

The Ozarks is a crazy lake. Took it out at 9am. No wind, no boats, still rough as hell. By 11 am I thought it was going to sink a couple times. Big wakes!

I know several people on this forum boat on LOTO but it seems most of the stories are not all that positive.

Toons must have been gunked up. Sounds like a good trip though
That's probably it. Hadn't thought of that. It is early in the season though. Not sure when boating season starts here...

I know several people on this forum boat on LOTO but it seems most of the stories are not all that positive.
Well, we had our first LOTO holiday weekend with our new boat and it handled the rough water marvelously. Out in the main channel two full days and didn’t take water over the bow once! Cruised 25-30 mph the entire time. My wife even got it up to 40 mph on the way home early this evening. Handled the holiday rough water much better than our old deck boat!

Back