Need a good fitting outdoor winter storage cover

We found this boat cover out of canada. Pretty cool for winters navigloo.com check it out. We purchased it but have not opened it yet our friend let us throw the boat in his barn for the winter.

Resurrected this old thread to ask a tarp question...would a generic blue tarp or a little better quality silver tarp be a problem in putting over the toon?  Would these transfer any color or stain to the toon's vinyl or console?  I am thinking through alternatives to the playpen cover that would be easier to cover her up for a day or two or a week..  We would certainly put the playpen cover on in extended periods like winter.  I see tarped boats at the marina that are covered and secured with water jugs hanging from the grommets.  It ain't pretty, but looks like it would work.  

My boat is in a covered slip at a local marina.  My DW and I have yet to practice putting on the playpen cover and I know we should do that first.  I'm just thinking through the alternatives if the playpen cover is too much of a hassle for us.

Depends on how much you love your boat.  I would not use a blue tarp. first of all you would never be able to secure it well enough that if a storm did come it would rip it off and you might be lucky that it doesn't whip around and mar the finish.

I leave it off for the weekend while we are at cabin on the lake if I don't think it is going to rain.  If I am unsure about the rain I bought a Ford F150 easy bed cover at Home Depot [think it was like $35] it has claws and hooks that make it very easy to cover the helm and protect my electronics.  There are pictures in my gallery. 

I have said on this forum before putting on the playpen cover has to be approached as a zen thing, take your time, dangle your feet in the water, have a sip from your beer.  I strongly suggest you use the mooring cover 

Depends on how much you love your boat.  I would not use a blue tarp. first of all you would never be able to secure it well enough that if a storm did come it would rip it off and you might be lucky that it doesn't whip around and mar the finish.

I leave it off for the weekend while we are at cabin on the lake if I don't think it is going to rain.  If I am unsure about the rain I bought a Ford F150 easy bed cover at Home Depot [think it was like $35] it has claws and hooks that make it very easy to cover the helm and protect my electronics.  There are pictures in my gallery. 

I have said on this forum before putting on the playpen cover has to be approached as a zen thing, take your time, dangle your feet in the water, have a sip from your beer.  I strongly suggest you use the mooring cover 
thanks Link.... I posted a new thread with the results of our first test run with the cover.. your advice is spot on

Back