Need total length with trailer / motor for 2275 RCW

stangpartsman

Reaction score
Figuring storage for this winter, getting a brand new Bennie with Yacht club trailer. I was told they could do a swing tongue and I have about 30' of depth with an 8' tall garage door 10' wide. Thanks.

It is going to be a tough call. A 2275RCW is 24.1 ft without the motor, add 2' for the motor, then its all in how much trailer is in front of the pontoon. You have the access ladder and front stop, then how much forward before the folding tongue. I looked long and hard to get a combo with folding tongue to fit my 2574GLi in my 36' garage. (I wanted it to be 30' overall but didn't make it by about 3'. You also need to check trailer height, there is about a 6" difference in height between trailer brands. I had mine custom made so to be at 23" high at the top of the bunks, and it will just slide in my 8' door. Some of the trailers I looked at were as high as 29" to top of bunks, which puts the pontoon too high to fit in an 8'door.

quote name='stangpartsman' timestamp='1344958247' post='12214']

Figuring storage for this winter, getting a brand new Bennie with Yacht club trailer. I was told they could do a swing tongue and I have about 30' of depth with an 8' tall garage door 10' wide. Thanks.

I have a 2275RCW, I measure 33' from tail to tongue. I couldn't fit in an 8' door, 10' is close, so if and when I can build a garage, it will be 30x40 with a 12x16 door. Swing away tongue helps, but probably only 15-18" max I would say. At least that's about what my old trailer was.

Derrick

We're in a 32 foot garage. There's a few inches from the motor to the wall and a few inches from the tongue to the door (not a split tongue trailer). I don't have the same boat, but my recollection is the 24SSL is very close in length to the 2275 RCW. I agree with others here, the 8' height is going to be tough.

All pontoon/tritoon boats are just huge in every dimension.

My 24' SSLX stays in a 12' x 30' boathouse all the time. I really wouldn't want to keep it at home unless I had a garage or carport separate from the house garage.

Otherwise, I'd be looking for covered storage at a mini-storage (or comparable place) close to the lake to store the boat in. Even with a cover, I still don't want to leave it outside in the weather.

Back