New 24 SSLX

JEEPINMATT

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a black 24SSLX. Triple toon express package with strakes on all toons, 150 yamaha, seastar steering, extended aft, floor storage, and more. We take delivery the first week of May. Working on the stereo tell it arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt,

Contrats on your new toon!

Welcome JeepinMatt and congrats on the new Benny! I hear great things about theSSLX.

Matt your going to have a great summer. Black always looks great, good luck with your new Bennington.

Very nice!

We bought a black 24SSL in September. Shortly after, the SSLX came out.

Looking forward to your top end speed post with the 150. We went with the 115 after the test drive where it went 35 mph. That was fast enough for us, but still curious what the 150 will do.

Sweet ride, enjoy!

Steve

Anyone know where the pics of the SSLX rail design are located? I thought I saw them on the website somewhere some time ago, but can't seem to find them...

We had a black 24sslx on order till we change our minds to a black 2275gcw, still like the sslx!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the pics!

Looks like Bennington changed the port stern corner by the lounger. The third pic shows the stern rail T-bones into the port rail on the SSLX. On our SSL, both rails (port and stern) are one continuous rail with a tight curve in the corner (where the SSLX "T-bones")...

I wonder why that change was made?

I assume it would be much easier to manufacture the rail and assemble with them being in two pieces instead of one, but just curious if there was some other reason...

Took out the new Bennie for a river trial with the dealer and hit 42mph on GPS no problem. Conditions were good low wind and no chop but we were going up river against the current.

we were going up river against the current.
Just curious, didn't you guys turn around to come back?

That is a sweet ride...enjoy!

Steve

Took out the new Bennie for a river trial with the dealer and hit 42mph on GPS no problem. Conditions were good low wind and no chop but we were going up river against the current.
You and Liljake both were screamin' at 42mph with those 150s. I hope you update your specs on the props and power page to help other members make informed decisions.

Wow, impressive speed numbers! You should be very happy with that. We have the same setup, and debated a long time on 115 vs 150 HP. We went with the 115 after test ride and judged it to be plenty fast. We get 35 mph.

Thanks for posting the speed numbers. I've been waiting to see that info for a long time...

I've got a 24SSL on order w/150HP Yamaha. Looking for it in a couple more weeks. I opted for the 2 x 32" ellipticals w/lifting strakes, extended aft, SeaStar steering package, rough water package, wave shield. Would love to hear your prop specs. Congrats on the new boat!

Please try to come back here and post your speed numbers on that setup. I'd love to see those too.

And once again rehash the old decisions I've made...

Are the rails the only difference between the SSL and the SSLX?
There may be some slight differences in the graphics as well. Other than that I believe those are the only differences.

I've got a 24SSL on order w/150HP Yamaha. Looking for it in a couple more weeks. I opted for the 2 x 32" ellipticals w/lifting strakes, extended aft, SeaStar steering package, rough water package, wave shield. Would love to hear your prop specs. Congrats on the new boat!
What doe the rough water package consist of?

Back