New 25 SSBXP with 200HP Mercury

Well today was delivery day and we were definitely impressed with the 200 Merc! With 4 adults, 1 child and a full tank of gas we got 38.2 mph.

Everything was great, loved the smooth ride, only issue was the infamous bow gate sliding out of position with nobody in it. I’m going to try some non-slip rubber furniture pads to start and if that doesn’t work, rig up a strap and snap to hold the base in place.

Congratulations. Sounds like a great first outing. Very exciting.

Once broke in, and potentially tweaking the prop or hole mount, that Mercury should get you a few more MPH as well. What prop do you have on it?

We have a 200 Mercury Verado Pro on a 24’ SSBXP. We have a 16p Enertia ourselves and are in the 40-41 mph range with the load you describe (43 mph with 2 people and half tank of gas). I think I could even go up to 17p and squeeze out 1-2 mph, but currently have no plans to mess with it any longer.

Enjoy your upcoming summer, and good luck securing that dang bow seat. Ours sits in a guest bedroom these days when not needed due to its proclivity to slide out of place.

I really like the upholstery contrast and stitching.

Absolutely beautiful boat. Love it!

Mine had come with the 14p or 15p Enertia originally. I knew based on this forum, and the boats RPM’s and MPH at light and heavy load, it could go up 1p-2p and get better performance. I convinced my dealer to work with me to try out the 16p which they had in stock (would have tried a 17p if they had one at the time).

If you have any interest, it might be worth bringing up with your dealer. They might let you try out a prop or two to dial it in.

Record RPM’s at WOT, and at different trim levels with both a light and heavy load. I think you’ll find the RPM’s running a little high and MPH a little low. A 16p will both up your performance, but also tweak the RPM’s into an ideal range. 17p might dial it in even tighter, or be 1p too high.

Just my two cents based on having a 200 HP Mercury on a very similar size and set up boat.

Absolutely beautiful boat. Love it!

Mine had come with the 14p or 15p Enertia originally. I knew based on this forum, and the boats RPM’s and MPH at light and heavy load, it could go up 1p-2p and get better performance. I convinced my dealer to work with me to try out the 16p which they had in stock (would have tried a 17p if they had one at the time).

If you have any interest, it might be worth bringing up with your dealer. They might let you try out a prop or two to dial it in.

Record RPM’s at WOT, and at different trim levels with both a light and heavy load. I think you’ll find the RPM’s running a little high and MPH a little low. A 16p will both up your performance, but also tweak the RPM’s into an ideal range. 17p might dial it in even tighter, or be 1p too high.

Just my two cents based on having a 200 HP Mercury on a very similar size and set up boat.

Thanks for your input, I'll definitely look into it next time we're out on the water and see what the RPMs are at with the current prop and get the numbers off the prop and report back. Probably won't be until after Memorial Day though with the weather pattern we're on here in the Northeast!

Back