New 9" silicone encased LED strips

mtudb24

Reaction score
All

Is there enough power at the switch and ckt breaker to run the standard blue / white cockpit courtsey lights and add (4) LED stripes in parallel or should I remove those little round lights and just wire directly the 9" LED strips in locations where those round lights currently are? I also want to replace the Round push light on the console door with a 9" LED light strip. Those courtisy lights put out "poop" for light, so my thought is just to cut the wiring and install those strips instead.

Andy Idea if I can keep both without blowing a breaker?

Thanks

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no pro on this, but I doubt you will pop a breaker .... To my LIMITED knowledge the LEDs have a very low current draw.

Go for it.

Sometimes when i convert standard automotive lights to LED's they don't draw enough current to make the signal flashers work!

I then replace the old 552 flasher with the electronic version.............

I think you will be just fine. B)

decided to run straight 9" lights instead of doing speaker rings. Love the way this cheap and easy mod looks

Sweet !!!!

Nice!

Wow, really looks nice! Love the way it lights up the floor

Where did you get the lights?

Had to come back and post again because I love it and want to do it, so your 9" strips are on the same circuit as the circular mood lights correct?

Looks nice!

Soooo do they make them in RED?? Where are they from?

Sorry guys. They come from oznium. They come in any color you want and in a bunch of different lengths.

Todd

Yep, tied them into the courtesy light ckts and they are the same color blue as all the factory lights

On my phone which won't cut and paste link. From your link goto right side of page and click on marine. Then click on silicone encased led lights. I had bought both the 9" ones in your link and the 12" ones in the Marine led section. Installed the 12" ones as they were more exterior atmosphere friendly.

Todd

Careful with Oznium ....... That website will empty your pockets as quick as a Benni !!!! Lol !!

Every time I go on there expecting to spend $30, I spend $130 !!!!

I have a cabinet full of cold cathode tubes cause the price was right.

Agreed. I have a bunch of left over stuff that may have to turn into rock crawling / trail riding lights in each of the 4 wheel wells in Rubi. Helps when you don't always have a spotter!

Did you just cut a hole into the seat to run the wiring through? I've been wanting to do this with the 3528 RGB strips but am gun shy about making holes..

Back