New Benny Owner

Thanks Jack & WoodenPontoon!

Yes absolutely, everyone has been most helpful & informative!  Information is power & has already helped us with advice & recommendations on products, etc!   

Thanks everyone!

Trish and Mel

Nice set up. When we took delivery of our SCWX the dealer told us the trailering position was when the motor rests on the larger trim Rams. The tim ram travel is indicated on the trim gauge. It also moves at a slower rate on the trim ram then on the tilt ram. If you tilt the motor up from full down position as the motor transitions from the trim ram to the tilt ram it will change speeds. Stop and lower the motor until you hear a clunk and the speed of the movement slows. We were told when you hear the clunk that was the trailering position. The device Havasu is recommending looks like it would relieve all pressure from the tilt/trim Rams which would be great for long distant pulls.

I also noticed that you have the designer vinyl flooring. We love it. Doesn't get to hot and is not slippery when wet. I'm not sure what kind of fishing you do but we found out very quickly that the designer flooring and crappy bait don't mix well. The weave in the flooring traps the squashed bate and makes you work to clean it up. So if anyone asked me what type of flooring for a fishing boat I wouldn't recommend it. I would like to know if you experience the same thing. Who would have thought.

You will love you're Bennington I am sure. We love ours!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trish and Mel

Nice set up. When we took delivery of our SCWX the dealer told us the trailering position was when the motor rests on the larger trim Rams. The tim ram travel is indicated on the trim gauge. It also moves at a slower rate on the trim ram then on the tilt ram. If you tilt the motor up from full down position as the motor transitions from the trim ram to the tilt ram it will change speeds. Stop and lower the motor until you hear a clunk and the speed of the movement slows. We were told when you hear the clunk that was the trailering position. The device Havasu is recommending looks like it would relieve all pressure from the tilt/trim Rams which would be great for long distant pulls.

I also noticed that you have the designer vinyl flooring. We love it. Doesn't get to hot and is not slippery when wet. I'm not sure what kind of fishing you do but we found out very quickly that the designer flooring and crappy bait don't mix well. The weave in the flooring traps the squashed bate and makes you work to clean it up. So if anyone asked me what type of flooring for a fishing boat I wouldn't recommend it. I would like to know if you experience the same thing. Who would have thought.

You will love you're Bennington I am sure. We love ours!
Thanks CapKaz!  Appreciate the info you shared on the motor positioning!  Was helpful!  We do love the flooring, no issues for us as of yet, but still early to comment on problems.  Will let you know next summer, by then we would have had more time for fishing!

We already love ours too!  :)

Back