New Benny Owner

T&M2619

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!  

My husband and I just took ownership of our new Benny (2016  22' SFX/Yamaha 150) this past Friday!  Luckily we had two beautiful days to enjoy & get comfortable with it!  We couldn't be more pleased with our decision to buy a Bennington!

I have been reading posts & discussions on this forum since we ordered our boat 6 weeks ago and have to say what a great place to learn from everyone!  Thanks for all the wonderful recommendations and help so many of you provide on here!  I'm sure we will be asking a few questions ourselves in the near future!  This is our first pontoon boat and we have lots to learn!

I will post a photo shortly, as I'm still learning how to navigate the site and getting all set up!  I filled out info on boat on Signature, but I don't see it on here...maybe it will show up.  If not, it will show up soon!

Happy boating!   :D

Trish

Welcome aboard Trish, sounds like a sweet package you ordered. I am sure you will get many years of pleasure out of it, unless you get PADS! (use the search box)

Don't hesitate to ask questions, this is a great group of folks on here, always eager to help.

We also have a little saying here as well......Pics or it aint true!

Happy Boating!

Here's a photo....maybe this will work!

2258 (1024x531).jpg

Click on photo and you will see a larger version!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Geoffrey & Brenda!   Ohhhh...I got photos!  lol   It's just a matter of learning the tricks to posting them on here!    I will definitely add more in the coming weeks!

Thank you for the welcome!     :D

You can click on that photo above I posted and it will show it larger!

Congrats on a really nice boat and welcome to the forum/club!!!!

Thank you Lakeliving!   Have read lots of helpful posts from you the last 6 weeks!  Thanks for the welcome, I'm excited!

Thank you to all too who gave recommendations for the EZ Fenders, we got those from Bryan with another pair coming our way.  Also I just ordered the PTM Edge PXR Pro 100 Clamp on Mirror!  That is going to be the 2nd best thing on our boat!  Expensive...but it's all about safety first and that will be most helpful.  This boat & accessories are a one shot deal that will have to last us for many years to come!  Next up is the 303 Fabric protector for the mooring cover.

I do have a question....can you spray the 303 Protector on the mooring cover while on the boat?  Or best to do with it off and spread out on ground?  Any suggestions how to best apply?

Thanks!

Thank you to all too who gave recommendations for the EZ Fenders, we got those from Bryan with another pair coming our way.  Also I just ordered the PTM Edge PXR Pro 100 Clamp on Mirror!  That is going to be the 2nd best thing on our boat!  Expensive...but it's all about safety first and that will be most helpful.  This boat & accessories are a one shot deal that will have to last us for many years to come!  Next up is the 303 Fabric protector for the mooring cover.

I do have a question....can you spray the 303 Protector on the mooring cover while on the boat?  Or best to do with it off and spread out on ground?  Any suggestions how to best apply?

Thanks!
Welcome, you'll have a great boat, very well equipped from the start!

I don't take the chance to do the 303 on the cover while on the boat for fear of bleeding through, though some here choose to do it that way. I lay it on a flat spot in the yard or driveway and use a Solo hand held sprayer to speed things up.

+1 on taking the cover off before spraying. A member here recently posted some photos of it ruining his seats. Some say on a calm night he can still be heard weeping from the east coast. 

Welcome to the club. You have a very nice boat. This is a great place for information and assistance. A great group of people enjoying their boats and helping others to enjoy.

Great advice!  Much appreciated!  I definitely don't want to ruin the seats!    But that did make me laugh about the fella weeping, I would be too!

Welcome to the club. You have a very nice boat. This is a great place for information and assistance. A great group of people enjoying their boats and helping others to enjoy.
Thank you CTays!  Yes...very helpful boat owners here!

Welcome, you'll have a great boat, very well equipped from the start!

I don't take the chance to do the 303 on the cover while on the boat for fear of bleeding through, though some here choose to do it that way. I lay it on a flat spot in the yard or driveway and use a Solo hand held sprayer to speed things up.
Thank you Tom!  We think we covered ourselves with our choices, or that's what we tried to do.  We do like to fish, so that's why we chose the SFX model, adding the recliner seats gave us more versatility for seating for when we have guests on boat and just cruising. We knew we wanted the larger engine to cover pulling skiers or tubing (children & grandchildren) so that required getting a Tri-Toon and we wanted that as well for the handling.  We will retire in a few years but decided to pull the trigger now and start enjoying boating!  Thanks for the advice on applying the 303!

Welcome to the party Trish. Great bunch of folks here and all your Bennington questions will be answered. Great lookind boat too, congrats!

Welcome to the party Trish. Great bunch of folks here and all your Bennington questions will be answered. Great lookind boat too, congrats!
Thank you so much!  We are excited about our purchase & hope to enjoy it many years to come!  Been reading the posts & learning so much from everyone!  Great place for help & sharing common interests!  Look forward to making contributions as we become more experienced boaters!   

Sweet ride, congrats!

Steve

Here is another photo ~ this was on Friday when the dealer took the boat to the lake to give us a demo ride to go over the features & accessories.  As you can see we chose the Sand color Bimini rather than black.  When we were looking at the pontoons the dealer had in stock they were outside in 97 degree heat.  The salesman told us to check out the two boats (one with a black Bimini & one with lighter color Bimini)  & compare the amount of heat you could feel in the boat.  That made our mind up immediately, so we ordered it with the lighter color!   But we did get a black boot for it!

2284 (1).jpeg

Awesome boat and welcome to the madness. We are new Bennington owners this year also.

Great color combination, looks great

Back