New Boat Build Date?

Swabber

Reaction score
I've seen some previous posts talking about getting a "build date" for a newly ordered pontoon.  Does Bennington Factory do this?  I ordered my boat a couple weeks ago and thee dealer indicated it would be delivered to them in approximately 8 weeks but did not indicate anything about a build date.  I guess it really doesn't matter much but it would be kind of cool to know when your boat was being built.  It would be even cooler to see some pics of your boat in the construction process!

The factory will give your dealer the build date. Make sure you ask him or her.

If you call Elkhart IN 

They are happy to send you

Pics of the BUILD

Call early

I missed out 

Didn't know till it was too late

Welcome To The Bennington Family 

Pittsburgh_night_skyline.jpg

I got my date from my dealer 

Pittsburgh may have offered up something that wasn't his to offer! :D  I remember Bennington posting that due to the busyness right now with show orders and whatnot that the pics that they so graciously provided a few may not be available. As per this post from last year at almost the exact same time,

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3338-pictures-of-your-build/#entry37518

I was able to secure a ninja to get my pictures. Hehe but they can definitely let you know the build date if you so desire. Either ask your dealer, or I suppose you could call Bennington, but they would probably need your dealers build number or sales order number or something like that. If you still have a good relationship with the dealer,  they would be your best bet! Welcome aboard! 

Bull Dogs Cadillac is right on point 

But 

The old adage is 

"If you dont ask you don't receive"

Most guys hear NO more than we would like to admit 

anigif_enhanced-3611-1396900154-22.gif

Give them a call 

All they can say is NOoooooo (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome.  This forum has been so helpful to me with my boat order.  I don't think my dealer wants to hear from me again.  Each time I read a new topic I call and change my order.  The last one that I'm still wrestling with is the electric bimini top.  My lake has a number of bridges to go under to move from lake to lake.  Each one would require the top to come down.  It might be nice to have that process automated.  Do these tops really work as advertised or are they more hassle than they are worth?

...and I don't have the skill to rig one myself!

I have the electric bimini and I highly recommend!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome.  This forum has been so helpful to me with my boat order.  I don't think my dealer wants to hear from me again.  Each time I read a new topic I call and change my order.  The last one that I'm still wrestling with is the electric bimini top.  My lake has a number of bridges to go under to move from lake to lake.  Each one would require the top to come down.  It might be nice to have that process automated.  Do these tops really work as advertised or are they more hassle than they are worth?

...and I don't have the skill to rig one myself!
Your dealer probably goes to a Bennington dealer website, unchecks a box for what you had, checks another box for what you want, and cha ching, makes a profit. I wouldn't worry too much about making changes. Get what you want. Your dealer should want that you get what you want too.

The electric Bimini was the option I would never have purchased had I ordered the boat from scratch. But we ended up getting a boat out of existing inventory and it had that option. Now...its an option I would never NOT order if I ever buy another boat. Absolutely love it.

I've seen some previous posts talking about getting a "build date" for a newly ordered pontoon.  Does Bennington Factory do this?  I ordered my boat a couple weeks ago and thee dealer indicated it would be delivered to them in approximately 8 weeks but did not indicate anything about a build date.  I guess it really doesn't matter much but it would be kind of cool to know when your boat was being built.  It would be even cooler to see some pics of your boat in the construction process!
I found out before they start on your boat you can add or change the order....I just added Lifting strakes today. I ordered mine yesterday. Once they start you cannot change the order...congrats on your new Bennington

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back