New boat light question

Thanks.

So how many LED lights did you use that actually shine down toward/into the water? 4?

I think the side panel lighting looks far better on the newer models that have that (improved) trim on the side to have the lights 'follow.'  Not sure how good it would look on my 2005 with just the plain horizontal trim.

Thanks.

So how many LED lights did you use that actually shine down toward/into the water? 4?
I have one on the back of each outside toon under water mounted to the brackets used for depth finder transducer. I have two on the back deck. One on each side that are in the cutouts of that plastic vent as in the picture.  I really like these as they light up the back deck. And then two up front just inside the outer toons as in the picture.

Total of 6 lights. All wired to the ACC switch on the dash. Hope this clears it up. 

Ok I got it now....thanks.  Maybe I'll also mount 2 on each side under the rub rail as well.

These are the lights I installed on my toon. one on each side on brackets at rear of toon under water. One each on rear deck. As I said before, I cut out the center section of those fake vents and mounted them in the hole. And I mounted one each between the outside and center toon up front. The wiring isn't too bad if you take off that shield between the deck and the toon.

I'm getting ready to do this but I'm wondering why you have lights BOTH under water AND under the deck all at the stern?  Wouldn't you just need the ones under water?

Also, you don't have any on the sides at all?  I was thinking having 2-3 on each side, too....either under water somehow of it that won't work, mount them under the railing pointing down towards the water.

Oh I see what you did now....the 2 on the deck are for illuminating the actual deck, not the water.

Back