New Owner - 2014 Bennington 24 SSLX

ChiBenny

Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Chris and I have been lurking for the past month or so, prior to making the leap and purchasing a new Bennington 24 SSLX yesterday.  I wanted to thank all of you on this forum for providing great information for perspective buyers.  Cheers to you all!!  

My question to all you owners and I did a search for it, but couldn't find any info.  I forgot to ask my dealer, but does the standard radio (Sony GT Series CD/MP3) have an aux cord outlet, so you can connect your IPOD?  I would assume it doesn't.  Anyone have the model number to the radio and I can look it up? If it doesn't, I guess that will be the first thing I replace upon delivery. 

Happy boating to you all and here's to sunny days on the Benny around the corner.    

All you have to get is a cord that has the earphone plug on both end. Then that plugs into the earphone spot on the ipod and the other end plugs into the front of the radio. That should make it work.

Welcome chi Benny. Give us some more info on the boat!

Not true, no pics ..... :)

We WANT PICS !!!!!

Welcome to the family and yes I believe almost all the basic radios have aux input now, I may be wrong but u can upgrade easily so I wouldn't sweat it.

Last edited by a moderator:
LakeLiving - Well Here are the options I went with:

Midnight Black w Champagne Accent Panel

Ivory with monochrome interior

150 HP Yamaha - Not a cheap option. I wish I could have afford the 200 Yammy. Hopefully, It has enough power, but from what I read it is the best option.  I was seriously considering the F115.   

EPP Package - Hopefully, This turns out to be a wise option.  

G series helm seat

Dual Battery

Ski Tow Bar

Garmin 100 Depth/GPS - I didn't want to have to install it on my own, but not the ideal depth finder, so I was stuck with this one. 

I quickly realized it is tough to build a boat without seeing it live in person.  Hopefully, Everything I have chosen will make me a happy Benny owner, as I am moving from a 19 ft ski boat.  

I wish I had pictures, but the order just went in yesterday to the dealer.  I hope the dealer can provide me with pictures from the factory, as it is being built.  

Nice! We have the same boat but with sps and the new 200 yamaha so I know where your coming from on motor pricing. You would not have been happy with the 115. The 150 should work quite well for you. If you can swing it though the 200 is a beast. We sold our 2013 because the max was a 115 and it was a slow poke with more than 3 adults on board.

I wish someone would have told us esp was available on an s but maybe things have changed since we ordered ours back in October.

Welcome My Sony has an I Pod holder and cord built into it. But I am not at home right now and can't for the life of me remember the model number. It was the one step up (upgrade) maybe someone else can help..

If you'e getting the ESP, I would suggest you go into debt to afford the 200 as it is a much better option for the ESP

I will have less than 5 people on the boat 80-90% of the time, so I feel the F150 will be more than sufficient for me.  In most cases, It will be just 2 people on it, so I feel I have made a good decision with the F150 vs. anything bigger.  I am not looking to go 40 mph all day long and be the fastest one out there like some of the guys out there, if you know what I mean.  

In the end, It is a pontoon, which is intended for relaxation, fun, and just enough power to get you out of your own way.  I feel the F150 will be the best compromise for efficiency and power. We will wait and see.  

Welcome aboard Chicago!

I have the same boat (SSL anyway) with a Mercury 150 and the Express tube, and I'm really curious to see your performance numbers with the ESP and a 150 on an S.  I don't think anyone else posting regularly on here has that setup...  I think you will be trading some top end speed for better cornering, so I'm curious to see what you think about it.

I guess I'll bite my tongue on the to fast comment. What is important is you have a boat that fits your needs. Your the one who has to be happy with your decision and if you are, congratulations! There are many lifestyles and uses of boating so congrats on getting a setup that will work great for your family.

I bit my tounge 'cuz I was going too fast!!!!!! Viva la toolboxes!!!!!!! Lol

Should be deleted ,before someone really takes offense.

Haha, You know what I mean Rockie. I understand there are many guys on here that like to floor it and go 40 MPH + all day, but in general most people on here are cruising 30 MPH or less at most points.  I am trading in my 300 HP ski boat, so I have had my fun going 50+ MPH when needed.  In my opinion, I rarely went 50 mph or full throttle on my ski boat because of external factors......boat traffic, lake layout....etc.  It all depends on the lakes or rivers you cruise and your need for speed...lol.  Again I hope the F150 is more than sufficient with power.    

Nah he's right. Typically the Go fast boats are the ones the run up on people and scare the heck out of them. You just have to be mindful of your surroundings. I totally understand what he's saying.

It would be interesting to see a poll of the owners than wished they would have gone bigger HP after buying there pontoon. I learned my lesson long ago.

"Buy your second tractor first"

From what I read the ESP package was not available on a s series boats. So if it was me I check and make sure what package you are getting. I could be wrong.

That is what I thought but it seems like options and what bennington is willing to do changes weekly.

Back