New owner - 22GCW Stern Lounger due in March

Bill W

Reaction score
Hi all,

Didn't find this forum until I was well into the ordering process back in November, but after much reading, I think I did ok with both my choice of dealer (they have been great) and my configuration. For our relatively small lake (240 acres) the boat is probably overkill in several ways. BUT, at some point I'm sure I will get motivated enough to trailer it around to bigger water, and my goal would be to hold onto this one for quite a bit, so I threw in the kitchen sink. Ok...well everything but a kitchen sink actually. I plan to have the dealer put on two electric anchors when it's delivered. Hopefully that's the last major add-on for awhile.

Thanks for all the great information in the forums, it has helped already and will help going forward.

And, btw - I've seen the posts about the usefulness (or lack there of) of some things like the bow seat, the bimini lights, the RGB lights in general, Sharkhide, and the tables. While some of these were on my "nice to have" list, they were on my wife's "must have" list. So they made the final cut.

Pictures from the showroom will follow when it arrives.

22GCWDI

150 HP Yamaha

In floor storage

Steering Power Hydraluic Assist

Bimini Blue Ice LED Lighting

Lifting Strakes – Sealed (SPS)

Stereo – Kicker Sub and Amp upgrade

RGB Lighting and Panel Exchange with GPS

Kicker KMC10 Stereo Upgrade G series

RGB Underwater Illumination

RGB Cupholder Lighting

Zebrawood Grey

Canvas – Ocean Blue Tweed

Panel - Ocean Blue

Interior Accent – Sandstone

Pillowtop Diamond Stich Upholstery Upgrade (G)

No Accent

Driftwood

Stainless Steel Rub Rail

Custom Wheel Upgrade – Zebrawood Grey Accents

Bow Rectangular Table

Table Exchange – Zebrawood Rectangular Table

Seagrass Beige Full Flooring

Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing

Bow Gate Seat (I know...I know :) )

Battery – Dual with Switch (Port)

Elevated Helm (G)

Dimensional Chrome (G)

Ski Tow Bar (Ext. Aft Deck w/Rub rail)

Sport Performance System – SPS w/Transom Fuel

Bimini Top Curved Double (15ft)

Delete Privacy

Pop Up Cleats (Bow)

Pop Up Cleats (Aft)

Stern Lounge Upgrade

Recliner Upgrade – Extra Wide

RGB Side Illumination

4 Step Stainless Steel Ladder Upgrade

Sharkhide – 3 tubes

Battery – Power Distribution Panel

SIMRAD GPS

TA Shoreliner trailer w/dual brakes

Nice build..........................except for the bow seat. :cool:

Looks like a great build!!!! Come on spring!

Welcome to the forum Bill! When is delivery supposed to be and where do you boat??? Disregard I just saw it was March.....

Welcome to the forum Bill! When is delivery supposed to be and where do you boat??? Disregard I just saw it was March.....
Thanks! Yep, March is when it's expected. I'm letting our dealer get through boat show season before I start to pester for a date-date. We are at Lake Holiday. Which is in Cross Junction, VA.

Hi Bill, it looks like you have one heck of a vessel on order. Good call on the privacy delete IMO. And, for what it's worth, we really like our bow seat! Granted, we do have four entrances on our long boat, so eliminating one on the bow is no big deal and it makes for some very nice seating up there! And when necessary, we can move it fairly easily. Looking forward to some pictures. As Tom Petty once sang, "the waiting is the hardest part...". :)

I love(d) my bow gate seat. I used it on the starboard gate and it never moved. My layout supported this, and the bow or stern gate was always the entry point when docked

I also love the bow seat. I use mine exactly where Rockie used his. Great build o. Your Bennington!

Looks like a great build. Congratulations! Now the wait...sigh.

As you know from reading the forums, you’ll need to post some pictures when it comes in, or when you get it on the water.

Wow what a build, complete with two electric anchors. Sounds great. You are going to have a great summer!

Thanks! Yep, March is when it's expected. I'm letting our dealer get through boat show season before I start to pester for a date-date. We are at Lake Holiday. Which is in Cross Junction, VA.
Used to live in Fredericksburg, VA. and boated for years at Lake Anna.......

Awesome build! You're going to love your new Benni! Welcome to the forum!

You done good, congrats on a great build!

Awesome build. I too ordered the bow seat option, but I must have missed all the grief:cool:. We use it quite a bit and I like the way it creates more seating.

Post the pics when she arrives....

I also think the bow seat finishes the look when it is in the bow position. Unfortunately that gate is our main entrance and exit

Awesome build! For the record I love my bow seat

Wow! That’s sweet!!

Back