New to Benny - New to Pontoon - Back to Boating

@ SEMPERFI, can't have the rear table with the 50 gal. fuel tank per the build sheet.
I don't think this is true.  I remember reading that when I built mine as well (2350RSR), but I showed my dealer many pictures of ESP 22/2350 that had the table.  He confirmed with Bennington that I would get the table and large 56gal (51 usable) tank.  I love the larger tank.   We don't use the table much though because it is a tight squeeze on the RSR because of the wider seats (built-in arm rest)

@ fastmnstealth - I will check marina Saturday. When you select the ESP option and the go back to the interior build. There is a ($75) credit and note stating the rear table is n/a with the larger fuel cell. I will confirm however.

If you want to come take a look at our boat (something close to what you are getting) only ours is a 2250gsr look me up as we will be at the lake this weekend.  I don't have internet at the lake but I normally check in here just to see what's new before we leave the house.

As Will said I don't think underwater lights will do you much good out on indian lake......but if you were to put them under the swimdeck that might be a different story.  Only downfall I can see to that plan is the ladder is under there on the starboard side and would need a little modifications to mount a light.

mh mines in storage at SAD, you can ask Monica, she can take you to it.

I'm heading south for warmer weather for a few weeks. Wife and I are going sailing

Nice build, well done!

Well, we met up with Indian Lake Bum and he showed us around their boat. Thank you very much Brian and Lucinda. Went back, chose our new colors, made a couple os small adjustments and I think we will be completely satisfied now. Added both captain and co-captain R chairs and clarified a few othe misc. item. Nothing left to do now but sit back and wait. Thank you all for the input and guidance. We appreciate the help. See you on the lake in the spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was good to meet up with you and Joy on saturday to show you around our boat.  We both enjoyed talking with you guys and think you are on the right track in buying a new boat......we love our bennington.

What colors did you pick?

We decided on the original color we started with a month ago. Matador Red, no accent, Taupe/Tuscan Dune Interior w/Taupe Bimini and Canvas. Joy also selected the Ostrich interior accent in lieu of the diamond stitching.

Was a beautiful day to be out on the lake yesterday.

Willb, thank you for the offer but we did not get a chance to check out your ride. Perhaps we will get the another opportunity soon. I see us making several trips up there as we are looking for a seasonal camping site for 2016.

The weather did turn around sunday and it was very nice out on the lake.  Few sailboats out and some wildlife.
DSCN3502_zpsmzwsbuyl.jpg

DSCN3495_zpswzjncpwt.jpg

DSCN3468_zpsrkc7tozv.jpg

Awesome sunset pic from orchard island

DSCN2513_zpsmbqkrslr.jpg

Got the word that our interior selections have to be modified again. Sounds like the final color guide wasn't as expected. It should still work out but it sure would be nice to have this thing "finalized" finally, lol.

WOW!    Granted we didn't special order (per say) like you are but we did pick all the colors (panels - accent color - interior - carpet - seagrass) and options before we bought.  For the most part the boat was ordered in basically like we have it other than the stainless rub rail and docking lights (wouldn't be without either).   We must have gotten lucky in that the color selections we liked spend a day actually had that boat in stock.

Hopefully you get everything worked out and they can get on with your boat building process.  The wait till spring is going to be the worst part once your boat arrives.  We had ours bought when there was about 2 foot of snow on the ground and the lake was totally frozen over......it was a loooong wait till spring thaw.

Brian, it was no big deal...the color we wanted as an accent for the interior was not an option this year. We are going to have a solid seat back and seat with ostrich in the lower part of the seat back. Where the diamond stitch would be. I think it's going to be just fine. Just had to confirm it was going to work for Joy. We will have a Taupe canvas for the Bimini and Mooring covers.

It's ordered, Bennignton just needed to confirm the final pattern was acceptable to us. Should have a HIN in a couple of weeks.

As I explained in an earlier post, I had to go back and redo our interior selections too.  It really wasn't a big deal for me.  We had selected colors off the 2015 swatches and they changed everything for 2016.  In fact, the web site has changed things in the last few months too.  Seems every time I go on there something is different.  Yours will be done before you know it.  I've been waiting on mine since July and just got word today the trailer is in and I'll be taking delivery on the 19th.  Make sure and post some pics when you get it.

Hows the campground hunting coming along?

Some friends just got a spot at 4 seasons campground and it looks as if they have a few seasonal spots left if you are interested.

http://www.4seasonscampground.com/

Will check it out. We spent all day Saturday riding around looking. We have one spot for sure but we would like to find someplace to our liking in lieu of the "have to" spot.

We decided on the original color we started with a month ago. Matador Red, no accent, Taupe/Tuscan Dune Interior w/Taupe Bimini and Canvas. Joy also selected the Ostrich interior accent in lieu of the diamond stitching.

Was a beautiful day to be out on the lake yesterday.
We also have the Matador Red... Awesome choice!

I don't think this is true.  I remember reading that when I built mine as well (2350RSR), but I showed my dealer many pictures of ESP 22/2350 that had the table.  He confirmed with Bennington that I would get the table and large 56gal (51 usable) tank.  I love the larger tank.   We don't use the table much though because it is a tight squeeze on the RSR because of the wider seats (built-in arm re
We will have the table.

Boat being built the week of the 9th.  That's less than four weeks from finalizing all the changes.  Not bad I say, just in time for the snow. 

Brian, can you get me a number to call and ask about a long slip in your neighborhood?

Looks like our boat will be hanging out at the factory about the same time yours is coming down the line being built.  Dropped the boat off tonight at spend a day to get prepped for the trip back to elkart for the warranty work and to get winterized before her long nap.  We ended up with just over 100 hours on the boat for the year......so a few over 240 hours on the clock now.  That's a LOT of hours of smiles right there!

http://www.boatlocal.com/indian-lake-oh/places/1720-river-run-harbor  <--- that is our marina......think he's full but you can still give them a call to see if anything opened up after the season.  Last year he had a few that didn't return because of selling their place or getting a camping spot with an included boat dock

http://www.pointharborinc.com/  <--- those are by russells point harbor (the statue is on the corner)   They had 27' docks with lifts but didn't know if they were going to have any spots till Feb when the years first deposits were due when I talked to the a month or so ago.

There area  few more around the lake but most aren't covered and even less have lifts in them.  There are some new docks on the northside that are covered and have lifts but I don't know who owns or rents them  (up on 235 by bobber's drive thru and geronimo's campground).  I know Joy said she wasn't scrubbing the lake scum off a 27' boat so a lift and being covered was a must have.

That's the best I can come up with right now.

Back