New Tritoon. Yamaha 200 or 250?

My first Benny was a 2375 gcw arch with a 200 and half tank of fuel and 3 on the boat would do 42

You will be happy with the 250...I took a stock boat '17 (24SSBXP) that has the SPS+ and the I4 200 Yamaha and I can see low 40's light load. I think you'll be right at 50mph with that set up, you will love the Digital controls.

I believe the real difference will be when you add people...

While the difference in HP is 50, it's the displacement difference between the two motors that will count when you add the extra weight...

The 200 is a 2.8L and the 250 is a 4.2L...

The torque is the muscle...

And the weight difference is only 86lbs between the two...

I'm pretty sure you're going to be really happy...

We'll be looking forward to your delivery, maiden voyage, and specs...

It all depends on what your looking for in your boat and motor. I agree with Alicedream that the big difference will be that with the larger engine, it really won't matter how many people you have on, it will go almost just as fast as empty. It makes it so weight isn't a factor in your performance. I went from a 2012 22rcw express toon with a 115hp to a 2017 23rcw ESP with a 300hp. Thinking in the back of my mind "who in the hell needs a 300hp engine on a pontoon". But I couldn't pass up the deal and I'm glad I have 300HP and wouldn't change it for a second!

I’m looking at getting a new 23SSBXP with either the Yamaha 200 or 250. Both options would have the electronic controls, hydraulic assisted steering. Bumping up to the 250 would need the sps+ (only a few hundred more than the sps). But the 250 is about $6000 more than the 200. I know everyone says to go with the highest HP rating possible. I believe the 200 is an I4 (about a 100 pounds lighter than the 250 with V6.) What big performance comparisons has anyone seen between these 2 engines? I do plan on using it for tubing, skiing on our lake. And also cruising up and down the Missouri River.
I am also considering a new 23SSBXP but going in a different direction. Looking at 175 VMAX which I am told is a little faster coming out of the hole and about the same speed as the F 200XB. Ordering the black out package and the 175 VMAX in black might even look a little nicer. Using the difference in price to go with the power assist steering. Anyone have suggestions along these lines. Thx

i have a 2018 ssxbp with the 250 and im 51mph with full fuel and gear and 2 adults and 2 children.. 17 pitch inertia @ 6100 rpm's, had to have dealer change mounting holes, I'm 2nd hole from top.. You will be very happy with the 250hp, congrats..

i have a 2018 ssxbp with the 250 and im 51mph with full fuel and gear and 2 adults and 2 children.. 17 pitch inertia @ 6100 rpm's, had to have dealer change mounting holes, I'm 2nd hole from top.. You will be very happy with the 250hp, congrats..
Those are great numbers. Which 250 motor do you have?

I should add with the 200hp Yamaha i was 46mph with water test 2 people in boat, half tank and no gear.

Back