I'll certainly post pics once it's done and delivered.  I still have a couple of questions though that I'm confused about.  I called Bennington direct and spoke with a very nice guy but didn't really get a definitive answer.  Does anyone here know what Clarion deck Bennington uses in place of the Sony?  And, does the remote on the dash get changed to the Clarion remote or deleted?  I'm hoping they change the dash remote and the deck is the M303 but can't confirm.

OK, well I just got a call today from the Sales Manager and the boat is done and on the truck.  It's getting freighted to Ontario (CA) and then out to Havasu for the prep.  Probably about 2 weeks out still but NOW I can start getting excited.  Since the weather in Havasu is nice year round I plan on getting some break-in time in October and November.  Can't wait!

Another quick update.  Spoke to the dealer yesterday, boat is in Ontario and waiting for the trailer.  Hopefully it will show up this week.  If so, it will then get towed out to Havasu, prepped and possibly be ready by the end of next week.  My fingers are crossed.

Sounds like the day is near. I had the same situation. As I was coming back from Havasu, I passed the Sun Country truck towing my boat to Havasu on the 15. Looking forward to seeing your boat.

Cheers, Steve

Steve,

I would have turned around and followed it back to Havasu, lol.  Yeah I'm getting pretty anxious to say the least.  Should be any day now.

I have to ask.  Why do your boats go to CA and then get towed to Havasu. 

Because Sun Country (dealer) has facilities both in California and Arizona.  Actually, there's four in California and just one in Arizona.  Ontario (CA) is the hub so the boats get shipped there first then off to the other locations.  I could have purchased the boat from either Ontario or Havasu but chose Havasu since I have a house there that's only about 2 miles from the dealer and I boat there almost exclusively.  The Ontario location is roughly 50 miles from my California house.  So, I'd have to drive up there to get it fighting traffic the entire way then tow it to Havasu myself.  Much easier letting them do all the transportation stuff (still shrink-wrapped btw) and prepping it in Havasu.  I don't mind towing so much but if given a choice I'll let them do the work.

Reactions: ssc
Thanks for the info.

Welcome! The Boat sounds awesome, will definitely need to see pictures! We have a few blackout boats running around our lake and they are beautiful! I getting PADS again! :D

I'll definitely post pics if I every get it, lol.  This waiting is getting old especially when I know the boat is done and the dealer drug his feet ordering the trailer.  The trailer should have been ordered when the boat was.

Got word today the trailer is in and I should be taking delivery on the 19th (fingers crossed).

Three days and counting.  I went by yesterday (and today) to see it.  The tech was installing the hybrid bimini top so I didn't stay too long.  Interior came out the way I had hoped and I'm still on track for a Monday (probably around noon) delivery.  Pics to follow next week.

Havasu,
I stopped in to Sun Country early today. I saw your boat. I must say she is gorgeous. Definitely worth the wait. Of course you have great taste in color. Everyone knows blue boats turn sharper and accelerate quicker.  ;)  Use her in the best of health and I look forward to seeing you on the lake.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve.  Yeah I'm quite anxious to get it.  Weather looks decent this next week so I'm planning on getting some time on it.

Finally picked the boat up yesterday.  I got delayed a couple of days as a part was needed for the prop install.  Went through the orientation and quickly took it out for about 30 minutes before heavy rain set in.  Backing it into the garage for the first time in heavy rain and a busy street was interesting to say the least.  No problems though and I'll be taking out for a few full days next week as the temps are supposed to be in the 90's.  I posted some quick pics in my gallery, the link is below.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/album/871-havasu/

Finally picked the boat up yesterday.  I got delayed a couple of days as a part was needed for the prop install.  Went through the orientation and quickly took it out for about 30 minutes before heavy rain set in.  Backing it into the garage for the first time in heavy rain and a busy street was interesting to say the least.  No problems though and I'll be taking out for a few full days next week as the temps are supposed to be in the 90's.  I posted some quick pics in my gallery, the link is below.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/album/871-havasu/
Beautiful, great looking color combo!

Beautiful boat !!!

Thanks Tom and Semp.  My wife picked the colors so she gets the credit.  I wanted red to match my truck.  I forgot to add that Yamaha is doing their promotional gig right now so the 3 year warranty went to 6 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn!!!! Super sharp. That thing has more lights than a airport runway! Can't wait to see some on water shots.

Awesome boat. You need to change your signature. I will look for you on the lake. One of our favorite times is cruising at Thanksgiving and between Christmas and New Years.  We won't mention that to our brethren from the east, Midwest or Canada. ;)

Cheers, Steve

Back