Havasu

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Randy and I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Bennington.  Still undecided on a few things but am leaning towards a 2375 RCW.  It will most likely be either the 2375 or the 2575.  Some things are certain, Yamaha 300 with the ESP package, 50 gal tank, elevated helm, double bimini, garmin FF/chartplotter, floor storage, Wetsounds speaker upgrade, dual port batteries with switch, Sony deck upgrade and rear wash down.  I'm probably missing something in there but you get the idea.  I live mostly in Temecula (CA) but have had a house in Lake Havasu City (AZ) for the last 10 years.  Just sold a Malibu wakeboard boat and have also owned a 25' Parker (saltwater boat) and a 29' ETicket with twin 525's.  Still own my Honda Aquatrax turbo skis.  Wife and I are just narrowing down a few particulars (length and color) and am in contact with one of the salesman at Sun Country Marine (Havasu).  Will be ordering custom so I'll ensure it will be to my specs.  Anxious to hear from those with similar boats and all suggestions are certainly welcome.

You certainly did the performance part right, and covered many of the luxury and fun items.  I love all the LED options, seagrass flooring seems to be well liked by those that have ordered it.  With wet sounds you probably want the two batteries with the switch.  IMO all boats should come with the underdeck wave shield.  Sure others will add to the list

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great setup so far! I recommend the diamond stitch upholstery, and what are you doing for flooring?  I really like our teak rear deck. I think there are two different kinds, I like the pricier one. I would also talk to your dealer to insure that you get Wet Sounds,(if that is your preference, some thought/wanted Wet Sounds but got Kicker). As for size, we'll that depends on how many are usually aboard. My 2275 is great for us.

If you do a 300 you might loose capacity on a 2375. Accidently when they registered my boat they did it as a 350; That dropped my cap. from 15 to 13.

On the speakers, my understanding was the "stock" speaker is the Kicker.  The Wetsounds were the upgrade.  I'm most likely going to put my own sub in as I'm not a huge fan of Kicker subs and amps.  I had three JL Marine amps in my Malibu.  Might consider that or maybe a Wetsounds sub (with the amp installed).  Looking on the Sony site, the M6 deck is being discontinued.  Does anyone know what the replacement deck would be?

On the flooring, really haven't decided on anything.  Still considering all the options.

I typically don't boat with all that many people.  Usually something like 6-8.  But I want the extra room in the event we should take more people out.  Dropping the boat capacity down from 15 to 13 really wouldn't affect me at all.  I don't really see me taking more than say 12 out ever.  I really want the larger (300) outboard.  I do a variety of stuff (ski, wakeboard and tube) so I'd rather have enough power than not enough.  Having the punch out of the hole is more important to me than the top end.  Getting low 40's top end would suit me fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the 25. I went from a 28 to a 25, and I would not want to go smaller on Havasu unless you have to. Even my 28 got beat up getting caught in some storms out there. I have had a place in Havasu for 15 years, and also have a background in go fast hi performance boats, and love my pontoons. Good luck...

Welcome. I agree, get the 25 foot. I dealt with Jim at Sun Country. Great experience. I recommend the seagrass floor and the rub rail. Never really thought I would like the pontoon, but it has sure been a great boat. We have had a place in Havasu for the past 6 years.

Cheers, Steve

Oh yeah, and Sharkhide, your choice on sealed strakes or not. Only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that if you choose the Wet Sounds speaker upgrade, it auto selects the kicker sub. I would much prefer the Wet Sounds AS-10 sub. You also need to decide if you want the L shaped bench beside the helm seat or a co-captain chair(not sure if this is only a 2375 option or on the 2575 as well).

I've gone in doing the build option and you can deselect the Kicker sub and amp (which is what I did).  The AS-10 is the one I've been looking at.  I had Focal subs in my wakeboard boat that I really liked as well as Wetsounds Pro 80's on the tower and the 420SQ so I'm a little familiar with the Wetsounds stuff.  I'd prefer to put my own sub and amp in.  My wife has already said she likes the bench type seating over the port captain's chair.  I'll be out in Havasu in about 2 weeks at which time I'll probably have everything chosen and will most likely be putting in my order.  I initially was going to wait until Fall/Winter to buy but the wife now says she wants a boat by winter so I guess I'll be purchasing sooner than later.  I'm expecting the wait time to be at least 2 months which is fine with me.

Seagrass is awesome. I cannot comment on the teak floors. One advantage of the 300 on the smaller boat would likely be more speed. It might also be a bit more maneuverable for water sports. I also really like the heavy duty rubber rub rail. Mine has taken a beating and has protected the rest of the boat. It will be an awesome boat. I have the 2350 rbr with a 225 and not having a 300 is my only regret. I would push Bennington to include the wet sounds equipment instead of the kickers. It will then be covered by the 7 year warranty.

Just because you can't configure it exactly how you want it on boat builder doesn't mean it isn't available. If your dealer is willing to take the extra time to help, you should be able to get what you want. Worked for us on pretty much the exact same situation. We did Wetsounds speakers (6) from the factory on the standard Bluetooth Sony, no amps or sub (since we are putting our own in this winter). Would have gone with the Wetsounds amps and AS-10 but we're likely doing JL to accommodate some external speakers we kept from our last boat.

What type of steering does your configuration have? I'm not familiar with that boat. Does it have the power steering?

Brian

Brian,

Was that question for me or one of the other members?  If for me, it's configured for both the power assist and the Sea Star.  I believe with the ESP package and larger outboard it's required to have both (or at least it's heavily recommended).

Yes, ESP comes with power steering, and power steering comes with hydraulic steering.

OK well I threw down today and ordered my new Bennington. I'll probably leave something out but here's the bulk of it.

2016 2550 QCL Regatta blue with Smokey Granite trim with blackout package

Interior- Java with milkweed and mirage trims

ESP

Center fuel tank

Floor storage

Elevated helm

Seagrass flooring

Extended aft deck

Sealed lifting strakes

Rough water package

Power assist steering

Bow storage doors

Dual batteries with panel

Illuminated cup holders

Wetsounds speakers

Garmin 50s inland

52" pylon

Wash down

Retractable hybrid rear bimini and front bimini

Yamaha 350 V8 with Yamaha gauges and throttle

Trailer to match smokey granite accent

Nice layout with lots of power.  One question though, where is the privacy on that layout?

This particular model doesn't have one. That's fine with me because my house is very close to the lake so I can't ever see a need to be changing on the water.

Wow! Nice build. Can't wait to see photos when you get it.

This particular model doesn't have one. That's fine with me because my house is very close to the lake so I can't ever see a need to be changing on the water.
We have an RL and having a privy large enough to accommodate a full commode [using sanibags] is important to us.  We also live lake side but our lake is 29 miles long.  We attend a lot of band in the bays and other raft ups and sometimes the girls [and guys] don't want to go in the water.  Not that we use it a lot but when it is needed I love having it is heaven.  I don't think I would buy a pontoon boat again without having a large privy such as found on the RL

Very niece boat!  Post some pics when you get it.

Jack

Back