Not a Bennie

StevL

Reaction score
New pontoon on our lake. Saw it at one of our dealers with twin Merc 300's (supercharged), they said it has been gps at 87mph, they are trying different props.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the Playcraft PowerToon X-Treme. Saw it in PDB Boat Test shootout earlier this year. Nice looking craft and an example of where the Pontoon Boat industry is heading; muscle car performance for those that desire.

I think there will always be a place for the slow cruisers like me that run a 115HP but I would expect that this will be the fastest growing segment of the market in the years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
And with gas heading toward $5.00 a gallon this summer .....

And with gas heading toward $5.00 a gallon this summer .....
Our lake has a lot of Formulas, Donzi, Scarabs, and similar boats. These guys ride about 30 mph then when they get close to a marina or sandbar they open them up for a minute to show they arrived. Then they float around all day comparing size... do it again next week. Ask me how I know... former 25 Talon owner.

This pontoon fits that crowd nicely.

Steve

There was one of these at the marina across the cove from mine. He had a 572ci HO motor in his. I was running my old ski cruising about 40mph when he flew by me. I opened it up to 65 or so when he hammered the throttle. Needless to say, he spanked me to the waterfalls.

Back