Once again, I am an idiot!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Sometimes I amaze even myself. A while back my dealer had asked me to go to Elkhart for the Bennington meetings with them since they know I would love it and because I usually help them out at the boat show and act as somewhat of a representative at my lake(I just drive around looking cool, but the boat does the work). Well with money being pretty tight right now, I just dismissed the idea and settled into the disappointment of missing another year. So I still have never bothered getting a passport. Well I was just talking to my dealer about some insurance stuff for one of their customers on my lake and he mentioned it again. I told him I couldn't afford it and he said they were driving this year and it wouldn't cost me a dime! The part that really sucks is they are leaving tomorrow and I already have the week off because I booked it in February, just for no reason! So finally all the cards fell in place to make it happen, and I'm the big idiot that never went and got a passport!! I've even brought the application home and had pictures taken for it TWICE!! Just never filled it out. I can't even put into words my feeling of being a moron.

In Michigan I have what is called an "enhanced" license so I can travel to Canada via car, take a cruise etc.

That be be a fun road trip for sure. Dealer might have booted you out 5 miles into Minnesota!

What does your passport cost and how long is it good for?!?

It takes a man to admit he's a moron.....

It takes a bigger man to make fun of that moron.....

Just kidding.  If my wife and I hadn't did the Australia and New Zealand trip in 2010 (got married in Australia) we probably still wouldn't have passports.

It would have cost you way more than a passport when you ordered a new Bennington.

Haha, yup, mighta cost me a marriage!! Just sucks, I'd be halfway there by now! Especially since my dealer is an ex UPS driver, I'm a current Purolator courier, so damn we could make some good time!

In the US, the cost is between 125 and 200 depending if you need it expedited and is good for 10 years.  Not sure if that's the same price as people outside the US pay.

The Best $80 bucks I just spent was the TSA pre check for flying.  I love the short lines now and don't have to take shoes, belt, or laptop or anything out of my carry-on anymore..  Love it. Love it. Love it

Back