Opinions 2575 RCW

NYSE

Reaction score
Have narrowed down our search to a Bennington 2575 RCW 300 hp motor.

Was just wondering if other owners have been been happy

the boat.

This is just our second boat. We started out with a 20' Bennington. We are still

newbies to the boating world.

Thanks!

Sheila Hughes

Ohio

RCW  :D

Highly recommend the 300!!!!  That's what I wanted and my dealer talked me into the 250 3.3L.  Went to an in water show afterwards on a 2575 with the 300 and just the improvement in the electronic control is worth the cost .... no clunking or anything ... just smooth shifting.  Also, the performance bulletins show the 300 to be more fuel efficient than the 250 - it's actually lighter!

A Benninton 2575RCW with a 300?  If they aren't happy then they are dead
+1. Truer words were never spoken!

Love, love, love... did I say love my RCW!!!!!!!

We love our 2575 RCW.  It has the I/O rated at 300hp.  The kids have had 10 people on it and tubed all day long.  The 300hp O/B will be faster because no weight penalty of the I/O.  Love the layout and we enjoy the rear loungers.  It is a great layout for a day use boat with water toys.  There are better layouts if you are into cruising with lots of friends and want conversation pits. 

Thanks for the responses! I feel more at ease that we are making the right decision.

We are going from a 70 hp motor to a 300 hp. Two people and a Doberman what do you

think top speed would be? Our 70 hp would go about 18 mph and I used to think that was

flying. My husband..who is a jet pilot would laugh of course.

Sheila Hughes

Ohio

About 4000 mph, jus saying,,,,,

nah I am guessing 45/46 mph or maybe higher.  Same boat, Me and the wife , smooth water, full 51 gal of fuel, 250 SHO 41/42 mph, You will enjoy!!! (Don't tell people about the 70 hp)

Thanks for the info Joe! Looking forward to summer and boating!

Ours is a little shorter but you have the larger motor. I hit 48 mph on GPS with 4 adults, 1/2 tank of fuel and some light water toys.

If I had to do it over, may have gone shorter. Love the boat, love how it handles. Most of the time it's just 4 of us.

Dock space is always tight and it sticks out from our covered docks.

Top speed will still be pressed in that upper 40,s. Especially a RCW with lots of options as its a heavy boat.

Fit and finish have been great. Dealer exceeds my expectations.

Enjoy

WE sold ours with a 350 last year and bought an RCL. My compliant with the RCW was that 2 people took up 1/3 of the total space of the deck. We typical have 4 adults and numerous kids when we venture out on the Lake.  We have been very happy with RCL setup!  However, the look of the RCW is fantastic just not practical for our needs.

We're on our second 2575 RCW - both closed sterns.  A couple of things I might share.  The first boat had the two "bucket" seats up front.  I really liked them, but people would recline them and the rail would dig into the backs of the seats.  I was not happy!  We went with the bench second time around and like the fact that now someone can stretch out.  Maybe doesn't look as cool, but it's more practical for us.  The first boat also had a Suzuki motor on it (250) and we began to have electrical problems with it right after the warranty expired.  We could never find/correct the problem.  Therefore, boat number two.

Sometimes I should not listen to anyone and just go with my gut.  I didn't want a closed stern, but I was talked into because of dogs and small children.  I also picked up the electric bimini top as an option.  There's still quite a manual component to it, and I wouldn't waste my money.  I wish I had spent that money upgrading the sound system and/or the sport arch or both.  We went the Mercury setup and absolutely love it, well most of it.  I liked the trim gauge on the Suzuki better, but that's just me.  We rarely cruise at night, so we eliminated the lighted cup holders we had on the first boat.  They are pretty.  Finally, pick the color scheme you love, not what someone necessarily says looks great.  We have great boat, but from a color combination standpoint, I have a bit of buyer's remorse.  That said, we picked it and now have to live with it.  BTW Black with a blue stripe = bruise cruise.  

You're going to love the boat.  Start practicing grinning from ear to ear.

We're on our second 2575 RCW - both closed sterns.  A couple of things I might share.  The first boat had the two "bucket" seats up front.  I really liked them, but people would recline them and the rail would dig into the backs of the seats.  I was not happy!  We went with the bench second time around and like the fact that now someone can stretch out.  Maybe doesn't look as cool, but it's more practical for us.  The first boat also had a Suzuki motor on it (250) and we began to have electrical problems with it right after the warranty expired.  We could never find/correct the problem.  Therefore, boat number two.

Sometimes I should not listen to anyone and just go with my gut.  I didn't want a closed stern, but I was talked into because of dogs and small children.  I also picked up the electric bimini top as an option.  There's still quite a manual component to it, and I wouldn't waste my money.  I wish I had spent that money upgrading the sound system and/or the sport arch or both.  We went the Mercury setup and absolutely love it, well most of it.  I liked the trim gauge on the Suzuki better, but that's just me.  We rarely cruise at night, so we eliminated the lighted cup holders we had on the first boat.  They are pretty.  Finally, pick the color scheme you love, not what someone necessarily says looks great.  We have great boat, but from a color combination standpoint, I have a bit of buyer's remorse.  That said, we picked it and now have to live with it.  BTW Black with a blue stripe = bruise cruise.  

You're going to love the boat.  Start practicing grinning from ear to ear.
I like hearing opinions like this, great information on your point of view.  Thanks for sharing

Back