Order is In for my 2275GCW w/150 Yam

Chris Z

Reaction score
Finished taking the plunge yesterday and got my order in. Never had a pontoon before but a few camp friends have many different brands. I've always been impressed with Bennington's fit and finish and overall quality. 

Anyway, I ordered:

2014 2275 GCW w/Yamaha F150

32" Elliptical Freshwater Performance Package

SeaStar Hydraulic Steering

Co-Captain Lounge and the wider Captain Chair

Added the Bow Gate Seat and the Stern Lounge Upgrade

Bluetooth to the Stereo

Ski tow Pylon for some fun...

That about does it, I'm pooped and waiting for spring.

CZ

Congrats on the new order and welcome. Looking forward to seeing some pics when it comes in,

Congrats and welcome to the party!

Congratulations sounds like a great package. I know you are looking forward to SPRING. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Aboard ChrisZ, good to have another upstate NYr.  Where do you boat and why don't you pin the Bennington Owner Locator Map

Camp is on Sandy Pond (the North Pond) on the eastern edge of Lake Ontario. The boat will be used there, on the lake and will take the occasion day trip up to the St. Lawrence River (Thousand Islands Region).

This is a new direction for my boating, been at it since I was young. Pontoon boats have always appeared to me to be a balanced trade-off between luxurious comfort and genuine seaworthiness. Anyway, it's time for some comfort and relaxation.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

CZ

Welcome to the Family !! Can't wait to see the ..... PICS !!!!!

Congrats.  You made the right choice by going with a Bennington.  Like many of us in the Northeast (who got more snow this week), we are counting down the days until we get some warmer weather.  I cannot wait until I can get outside and start preparing the boat for another season.

Congrats on the new Bennington. We'll look for pics when it comes in. Sounds like a great package.

Marc

Another proud and Happy Bennington Boat owner....

Welcome to the family.

Chris Z glad to see another new Bennie owner mention the co-captain lounger. Told my wife, looks like she will be driving a lot while I park myself in that unique piece of furniture. I think it's one of the finer amenities if you can get past the cost! Looks like you hooked up on some good features, Best Wishes on your new GCW!

Yep. The Co-Captain lounge was a real eye catcher for me. To lessen the upgrade cost there is also a line item to remove the cost of the other swivel chair from the order. It helped somewhat.

To those folks with the GPS based speedo, is there any kind of lock indication that shows when enough satellites have been found to provide an accurate reading? 

Anyway, delivery is late March or so... those of you that are after pictures will have to wait until at least mid April, unless you want pics of the wrappings.   ;)

Chris Z glad to see another new Bennie owner mention the co-captain lounger. Told my wife, looks like she will be driving a lot while I park myself in that unique piece of furniture. I think it's one of the finer amenities if you can get past the cost! Looks like you hooked up on some good features, Best Wishes on your new GCW!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the gps speedo and have never had any connection issues. It works great!

Welcome to the family CHRIS Z & LAKE DUDE ,best of luck.Time will fly by and you'll be enjoying your benny.We were out yesterday cruising the manatee river, 79 degrees ,good ole florida weather.

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Congrats on  your new puchase. You will not be dissatisified.  Great looking boat build. 

Now lets get spring moving along quickly

Todd

Just had a look at your location on map ChrisZ.  Perfect location in that secluded cove for protection.  What is it like boating on one of the Great Lakes?  When we have been at Lake Ontario [mainly by Rochester] when I did see a boat it was usually WOT going down the shoreline.  Are there places where many boaters gather and how about lakeside restaurants & bars?

Sandy Pond (North Pond on a chart) is vey shallow, 10' or so average. It's also, as the name implies, all sand. The entire east end of Lake Ontario is predominantly sandy shore and beach. The spits on the north and south side of the channel to the lake are hugely popular boating and beaching spots. One of the coolest parts of the Pond is the access it allows you to the lake on the protected side of the dunes. Anchor or beach on the inside and carefully walk around the dunes to the beach side for some big surf if the breeze is up.

The lake itself is pretty cold until mid summer, never really getting past the mid 70's. But it's enormous and the sunsets are beautiful. I'll have to dig up some pics of the Pond and post them. It's a great place for any kind of boating but toons are by far the majority.

Just had a look at your location on map ChrisZ.  Perfect location in that secluded cove for protection.  What is it like boating on one of the Great Lakes?  When we have been at Lake Ontario [mainly by Rochester] when I did see a boat it was usually WOT going down the shoreline.  Are there places where many boaters gather and how about lakeside restaurants & bars?

Back