Ordered my first Bennington

phatkid

Reaction score
Hey guys, been watching this forum for a while and decided to finally post.

I just finished up my order of my brand new Bennington this will be my 4th new pontoon but my first benny im very cxcited for this boat to arrive!!!!

heres what i bought any thoughts or feed back im all ears

2013 2574 GL

Yamaha 115 hp 4 stroke

smokey granite exterior

shattered ivory graphics

ivory interior / black accents

black bimini top

bigger gas tank

chrome logos

dual battery w/ switch

port table group with ( r model) chairs

elevated R model helm with R model chair

extended aft deck with non skid

wet sounds sub / amp

sony m6 stereo

3 total exterior mounted wired remotes for stereo

led pkg ( cup holders, bimini, speakers,)

stainless docking lights

im sure im forgetting something but i must say the level of atention my dealer gave to me ordering this boat exactly the way i wanted it , they went above and beyone what i expected

I have two kids that love to boat and i built this one with my childern in mind, cant wait for spring to get out on the chain of lakes here and cruise in my new "benny" I only hope its everything im expecting!!!!!

thanks guys,

Jammie

Jamie, That sounds like one heck of a nice boat. You chose all of the upgrades I would have. Now let's see you make it to next summer without exploding

Congrats on the Benny, but remember, no pics and it's all just a dream....... Make sure to post up pics so we know it's true !!! Lol !!!!

Congrats on the toon, but if you have kids, you're gonna need a bigger motor. They're gonna want to go faster than you'll be able to pull them. B)

Sounds really nice Phatkid! Welcome to the forum...................Where are the chain of lakes???????

hey guys thanks for the comments,

I ordered the boat from wilson marine here in brighton michigan, and i will post pics once it arrives, I assure you it is the real deal...... lol

I live in pinckney michigan on the huron river chain of lakes (9) lakes total only 7 of which are passable by pontoon been on that chain since i was 10 yrs old

I wanted to get a bigger motor however cost became a factor with these boats as we all know , ( there is nothing cheap about a bennington)

my kids are 4,and 7, so they dont go too fast , however my parents also live on that lake and they have a 23 ft tritoon with a 175 opti so pulling isnt a issue if need be......

thanks again guys I am very excited to get this boat , Im a single dad (divorced) as of august so this is one of the things that is getting my life back to normal !!!!!

cant wait for april!!!

Jammie

Congrats on the new boat. I live on Thompson Lake in Howell and am also waiting for our 2013 Bennington to come in. We ordered it a little over two months ago so I am excited to see it come in. We plan on checking out the chain of lakes this summer, maybe a Zukey lake tavern dinner and cruise.

Congrats and welcome aboard. We all need to see pics. Post um when you get um...

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I had to do the paperwork on mine today , I havent got to see it yet but its there stored in a rack I guess???

they are gonna bring it down next week so i can see it and check it out ill post pics soon as i can get a clear shot of it!!!!

It's gonna be a looooooooooooong week !!!!!!

Not bad, what 4 week build ????

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't ordered yet. Waiting to make a deal at the Detroit Boat Show. Considering also a Manitou. In the Bennington line, would go with a 2274-GL with either a 90 or 115 Mercury 4- stroke. Live on Lake Orion. I saw in one of the posts above the 115 won't be big enough? How big do you need? I'll want to be able to pull a small (< 8 yrs old) on a tube, and also have a 19' runabout with a V-8 when we want to ski or board. Will I be dissatisfied with 90 or 115.

I'm dissatisfied with our 150, but that's just me. We don't always go fast but if I want to, I can, and would like to go faster. I've been on friends boats with a 90 and it's not me. They're always impressed by our toon.

I had a 90 on my '09 2075GLi, 2x25 tubes, It wasn't enough for me. You can easily pull a tube, kneeboarder, but it was tough to try and "dump" my brother in law from it. Pretty much had to just wait till he got tired of holding on!! So we ordered our 2012 2275RCW with a 200 Yamaha SHO, never a problem now! Got the ESP, and the power steering is a HUGE benefit to the enjoyment and relaxation of it all. I no longer have to get a workout just to tow a tube! Haha love it!

Derrick

I ordered from Wilson as well. We live in brighton and decided to try the woodland lake marine (only 5 min away) but consided putting in on the chain too? Love the Zukey lake Tavern as well.

Welcome to the club

Back