Our first Bennington

Wow, welcome to the forum, you are going to have a great summer. I can tell you have been reading this forum as you certainly bought your “last boat first.” Post pictures when you can, it sounds like a beauty.

Personally, I like raised helms. What are you using Simrad for? If structure, NMEA networking to motor, and mapping it's good. If for fishfinder and you use "Fish id" it's waaaaay too small of symbols...

Welcome aboard!

I didn’t see the kitchen sink in your spec sheet. Maybe I overlooked it? :D

You have certainly done your homework, and it looks like a GREAT build. I cannot think of much. Maybe the raised helm as mentioned above? Maybe in-floor storage if you think you could use it?

That said, you certainly have embodied a lot of the advice on here: get your last boat first.

Thanks for the welcome! I really didn't like the raised helm. I am 6' and liked the look of the bolster seat and didn't want a elevation change on the deck. The tow bar was 1800.00, so that was out also.My dealer said they had replaced many of the cup holder led's and don't want the hassle of warranty wait to fix/replace them if they failed.Will post pics, should be here mid June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard!

I didn’t see the kitchen sink in your spec sheet. Maybe I overlooked it? :D

You have certainly done your homework, and it looks like a GREAT build. I cannot think of much. Maybe the raised helm as mentioned above? Maybe in-floor storage if you think you could use it?

That said, you certainly have embodied a lot of the advice on here: get your last boat first.

Thank you. You had me scared to death! The in-floor storage is on there :)

LOOKS PERFECT TO ME

Congrats! Good old Lake Anna! Bought my boat from there years ago when it was located on the other side of the 208 bridge. Kept it at Sturgeon Creek marina for years. Good memories there!

Congrats! Good old Lake Anna! Bought my boat from there years ago when it was located on the other side of the 208 bridge. Kept it at Sturgeon Creek marina for years. Good memories there!

Thanks! They have been a great dealer so far. We also have a slip at Sturgeon Creek marina and will be the new boat's home. The old man(can't remember his name) died last year and his grandson runs it now.

It looks like this boat is going in salt water possibly. If so add the sealed strakes option.

Congratulations, Very well equipped
Maybe an American Flag? Could also use the flag pole for your sports team come game day.

It looks like this boat is going in salt water possibly. If so add the sealed strakes option.

I am glad you brought this up. If i add the Yamaha Saltwater Anode ESP/SPS Package w/sealed lifting strakes, it automatically adds Lifting Strakes - Sealed (ESP/SPS) 9005558. I don't want to add additional Lifting Strakes and as i understand it, they are on the outside tubes which would defeat the purpose of the SPS package. Maybe i am wrong, but it's confusing as hell.

Boost, nice build you have there! My only suggestion might be to forgo the starboard bow cooler. Never understood the utility of a built-in cooler myself. Then again, it is just chump change. The tow bar might help with (horror) resale, but I believe it can always be added down the line. Looking forward to some pictures when you take delivery.

I am glad you brought this up. If i add the Yamaha Saltwater Anode ESP/SPS Package w/sealed lifting strakes, it automatically adds Lifting Strakes - Sealed (ESP/SPS) 9005558. I don't want to add additional Lifting Strakes and as i understand it, they are on the outside tubes which would defeat the purpose of the SPS package. Maybe i am wrong, but it's confusing as hell.

Wouldn't hurt to double check with the dealer to confirm. When I ordered mine back in 2013 i had to select the salt water package and additionally the sealed strakes as it's own option.

Wouldn't hurt to double check with the dealer to confirm. When I ordered mine back in 2013 i had to select the salt water package and additionally the sealed strakes as it's own option.

My salesmen said he is going to check tomorrow. Do you have the strakes on the outside tubes? My boat will only see salt water 7-14 days a year, unless i hit the lottery:D

Thanks! They have been a great dealer so far. We also have a slip at Sturgeon Creek marina and will be the new boat's home. The old man(can't remember his name) died last year and his grandson runs it now.
Mr Edenton. Knew Lewis for a long time. I guess Chris is his grandson? He was running day to day operations when we left 4 1/2 yrs. ago. Lewis had Sturgeon Creek since the 70's.....Enjoy your new boat when you get it!

Wow, an S can hit $91k msrp these days???

How about a trailer?

Porta potty. For the wife. You can pee off the back. We call that doing a "prop check". Most of my friend's wives think we're actually checking the prop...

Back