Our New 2017 24' SSBXP Build

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
We had a few people request the specs on our new 2017 Bennington order. Here's some pictures and videos of items similar to ours, as well as the dirty little spec details: 

Pictures of Similar Looking Boats:

Same blackout package with exterior colors that we ordered (however, different model than our s-series)

Same interior colors and swing back layout that we ordered (however, different model than the s-series we ordered)

Videos of Swingback Features:

2016 Swing back layout on the water

The swing back package with rail and sterro upgrades that we ordered, watch video from 1:16-2:01

Specific Boat Specs On Our 2017 Boat Order:

24' S-series premium package (with all the associated upgrades) with the swing back layout and extended aft deck

Blackout edition (with all associated aesthetic upgrades)

Smokey granite panels, with black accent

Swingback stainless steel railkeeper 

SPS tritoon package (with all the associated features)

200hp Mercury Verado Engine, Mercury Verado DTS with power steering 

Rough water package, lifting strakes, sharkskin clearcoat finish on tubes

Heavy duty rub rails, black rub rail insert, and under body wave shield

Stainless steel housing LED dock lights, bow and aft pop up stainless steel cleats and stainless steel corner protectors

Dual Battery and switches

Simrad GPS G05

Kicker KMC10, Swingback stern lighted speaker and grill upgrade, swingback stereo remote, RGB lighted kicker speakers

RGB lighting and switch panel, RGB toe, cup holder, and exterior side illumination/lighting

Bimini top electric curved with white ice LED lighting, midnight black canvas

Pillow diamond pressed upholstery, Napa beige with Tuscan dune accents, and platinum seagrass flooring

Elevated helm with G series reclining captains chair, steering wheel upgrade with piano black accents

Giant turbo swing, in floor storage, gray wood interior trims and aft rectanglular table

Bow gate seat, 3 additional portable cup holders

My wife, family and friends, with upgraded sunshine and clear water package   ;)

There is a fair amount of other upgrades I have not listed that are part of the SPS package, blackout package, and premium upgrade package

Practically the only option we didn't add in was getting an actual R or G-series with an ESP package and a 250-300 hp Mercury.  Those fine boats and motors were getting out of our price range - at least with us adding in all of these shiny accessories and upgrades.   B)

Nice job selecting your options! You'll have one of the nicest toon's on the lake!

That's a sweet build, you'll probably have quite a few G/R series guys taking a second look at that one!! 

Very nice! Didn't realize the Swingback came in the S.

Excellent build!

Very nice! Didn't realize the Swingback came in the S.

Excellent build!

Apparently they just brought the swingback down to the S-series for 2017, but only if you go with a SXP build at the start.  You cannot get the swingback if you do a normal S or SX build.  Thus, there are still some restrictions on doing it in the S-series from what I can tell.  We are excited it was an option for us on an s-series.

My 2017 SSBXP just arrived at the dealer. Mine is 22 foot, emerald green with white accent panel (retro looking colors) and a Yamaha 200 with DEC.  It's almost the same spec as yours except I didn't go with the elevated helm, bolster seat instead, rail keeper or black out edition other than that it is identical. I am putting ultra legs on mine. 

My 2017 SSBXP just arrived at the dealer. Mine is 22 foot, emerald green with white accent panel (retro looking colors) and a Yamaha 200 with DEC.  It's almost the same spec as yours except I didn't go with the elevated helm, bolster seat instead, rail keeper or black out edition other than that it is identical. I am putting ultra legs on mine. 

Sounds like a great layout and and sweet looking boat.  We actually played around with that color scheme (wife and I are MSU Spartan alumni - green and white school colors!).  

You got me thinking long and hard on the darn sea legs vs. lift.  I feel like I am "safer" with a lift...but my goodness I think the sea legs are a sweet set up, and allow me to lift it up out the water wherever we may be.

Any chance you can post some pictures of your boat from the dealership? B)  I'd love to see your new boat! 

I wish I could but it's still wrapped from the factory with a couple inches of snow on it. They probably won't open it till March. When they do I will take some. 

If you have any questions about the Sea Legs I will PM my number and we can talk on the phone. I can give you my opinion and experience with them. 

If you have any questions about the Sea Legs I will PM my number and we can talk on the phone. I can give you my opinion and experience with them. 

I am leaning towards a lift at this point as the safe and conservative approach.  That said, I would certainly welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your experience with Sea Legs.  PM your number to me if you don't mind by the end of the month (I'm in a busy stretch at work) and I'll give you a call at the end of January.  I appreciate your willingness to reach out and share how they have worked out for you.  They'd be my preference if 1) I had total faith in their stability in inclement weather on my lake, and 2) they wouldn't negatively impact performance on my SPS 200hp mercury Verado.

This Spartan would love to see a Spartan Green/white combo.

This Spartan would love to see a Spartan Green/white combo.

We tried playing around with the combo but were not sure on line when spec'ing out our order.  Then we looked in the 2017 Bennington catalogue yesterday that someone else posted in another thread on these forums, and low and behold there is a very cool green and white combo...maybe a Q series with sport tower.  My wife and I looked at each other thinking we could have gone green and white. Anyway, it sure sounds like Steve's going to have the cool looking Sparty'toon with his color combination.  Looking forward to pictures of his boat this spring.

This was sent to me by the dealer showing the colors. Not sure how close it is to Spartan colors. 

View attachment 1575

Here is on that shows the rear speaker upgrade and another side picture. It's a G model but was told it would give me an idea of what the color and rear speaker upgrade looks like. 

View attachment 1576

View attachment 1577

That's what I thought. Isn't Spartan green a bit darker?  Glad it's not so Vikingstaff won't wish he would have gone with the green. 

That's what I thought. Isn't Spartan green a bit darker?  Glad it's not so Vikingstaff won't wish he would have gone with the green. 

LOL - That is a beautiful boat.  I'd still go for that combination in a heart beat.  So is that your actual boat, or one that is simply similar with the right color combination in a swing back?  

This is more like Spartan Green.

msu-helmet-logo-2_zpsnmpqcd6e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely outstanding art work Goldnrod.   ;)

LOL - That is a beautiful boat.  I'd still go for that combination in a heart beat.  So is that your actual boat, or one that is simply similar with the right color combination in a swing back?  

I wanted pictures of the colors and what the rear speaker upgrade looked like so the dealer I bought it from found them and sent them to me. I have the S series and the pictures are a G. 

Back