PDB 2014 Boat Test Issue

Link

Reaction score
Yesterday my PDB issue arrived in the mail.  In this issue they provide tests, opinions, MSRP and statistics on boats provided by each manufacturer.  Bennington sent the 2575 QCWB [not Blackout edition though] and it certainly is a fine boat although for the life of me I can't understand why they sent one with the Garmin 100 fish finder.  The GPS chartplotters should be a standard not only on the Q but on all models as well.  

Here is a link to my digital edition of the magazine: http://read.uberflip.com/i/274981

Thanks ,looking at some of the others .Designs and rail systems sure leave a lot to be desired .

Glad I got a Bennington .

Ditto Jack, there was one that looked like a 1985 and the vinyl/seat design/construction matched that era as well!

When we decided to upgrade in December ,I called the marina where the SLX is stored to find out when I could get it out.

They sell cyprus cay ,just being courteous I listened to their sales pitch,took a catalog and even went to the cyprus cay web site .

I had seen their 2013 models  every day last summer .   ( that is what they rent out .)   There is just No Comparison .

Things that are standard with Bennington are options on other brands .Not to mention the looks ,warranty ,build and quality .

Now the good part . I found out a few weeks back that they too wanted to be a Bennington dealer  . They did not get it . They are too close to the other two in the area. . They must realize the difference too .

I stopped by Wilson today just to do a lap and the guy their said they just acquired the Lansing market. Not sure how correct or actual market they picked up but they are getting huge.

I looked at both a Avalon and bennington . I am a first time boat buyer and was not sure which one, well I noticed some big differences between the two and decided on the benny , however the Avalon looked nice . Hope I made a good choice time will tell

I'll save you the waiting.....you did!

I do have to be honest when we decided to buy another this year. We looked at all the other brands again and really looked closely at the premiers again because there factory is 30 miles from me but still stayed with bennington. It still wasn't that hard of a decision for the type and style of boat we where looking for, bennington was still a lot nicer.

Bennington vs Avalon............

That's like comparing prime rib to pig poop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back