Photos!

Oh, FWIW, I have friends that shoot with both the 5D Mark III and the 6D and they greatly prefer shooting with the 6D. Plus the 5D Mark IV is rumored to be not far off, so I'd try not to invest in a 5D Mark III right now. 

Oh, FWIW, I have friends that shoot with both the 5D Mark III and the 6D and they greatly prefer shooting with the 6D. Plus the 5D Mark IV is rumored to be not far off, so I'd try not to invest in a 5D Mark III right now. 
Your pics have great color with that pop. Kinda why I asked about the HDR.

I had heard of a new model coming out, maybe for her birthday.

We had rented the 100-400 L for MotoGP 2013 in Austin and really liked it. So I have my toys and figured she needed something.

Your pics have great color with that pop. Kinda why I asked about the HDR.
I do post process them in Adobe Lightroom to make them look better, but mostly just basic adjustments like clarity, vibrance, shadows, highlights and some brushes. RAW images tend to come out of the camera so flat, you have to process everyone of them at least a bit just to get them to look close to a tuned JPEG. 

Lunch spot on Monday afternoon. Hot enough that we had to open the bimini! :)

IMG_8695.jpg

IMG_8663.jpg

After spending the last month in Florida and coming home to cold weather I needed that bcpnick, Thanks

So that is what sunshine and blue skies look like. We had our first thunderstorm of the year at 3 am.  

Finally had a somewhat warm Saturday where I could take the boat out.  Bought this thing in late January and it's been sitting at the marina begging me to take her out.  Unfortunately, when the weather has been good, I haven't been able to go out.  Likewise, when I have time to go, the weather is not so great.  Well, the temperature was acceptable and I wasn't going to let a little rain keep me away.  Hoping to be able to get out some more this weekend.  Hate to think I just purchased a boat to take up a marina slip.

gallery_6519_747_834445.jpg

gallery_6519_747_904242.jpg

Took the boat out to Strawberry today for 'ice off'. It's a big reservoir at 7,600' above sea level, about an hour from my house. Fishing is supposedly epic when the ice comes off. There was still about 25% ice coverage. Didn't take my big camera, but here are some cell phone pics:

4WD was very useful for launching!

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

Approaching one of the big ice areas.

IMG_2036.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

Ice bergin'

IMG_2055.JPG

3.5 pound Cutthroat

IMG_2051.JPG

The catch inside the catch's mouth. There was another one about that size inside the stomach. Very tasty fish! :)

IMG_2053.JPG

The wife keeping warm after the wind kicked up. 

IMG_2061.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So the catch with the one in its mouth, does that count as catching two? Looks like a good time!

Love campfires.  Not only do we do them every night we are at the lake but we do them fairly regularly at home with our neighbors, often do bratwurst, beerwurst or hotdogs on a stick as we enjoy the fire 

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds tasty. I know what I am doing at our next fire!

There someting missing in the pic... I just can't put my finger on it. It looks odd.

This not a great picture but her is our Hannah soaking up some sun on the sun deck.

Hannah has found a great spot to claim as her own 

First trip of the season today, beautiful 80 degree day.  Saw 44.5 mph on the GPS with 2 adults, full fuel (32 gal), clean toons, not much gear loaded (at least not yet!).   :)

Back