Photos!

Probably the last good one at least!

Whew! When I first saw the picture I thought this was your new house.
Great picture!
Ha! Temporarily in an apartment until we close on the house

Nice! I imagine you're getting used to your new boating reality but with a lot more to explore.

It's nice having some options instead of going around and around in a circle! Fuel tank notices the change too!

Took these last fall (early and late October), and the white pelican is from about two weeks ago.

The first was of the last day we had our boat on the water before we pulled it for the season, the second was after all boats had been pulled (as well as our docks, as they are being replaced).

Not much to see on the river here in the upper Mississippi as we just got rid of winter (hopefully) last week... Other than our usual bald eagles and the migrating white pelicans.

I managed to slip and fall on the day of our last (late) snowstorm and broke my right wrist.

Should make for an interesting boating season with a cast... :confused:

IMG_20171009_143808_pan.jpg

October21ontheOldMiss.jpg landingpelican.jpg

Wow, very beautiful! Thanks for sharing...

Took these last fall (early and late October), and the white pelican is from about two weeks ago.

The first was of the last day we had our boat on the water before we pulled it for the season, the second was after all boats had been pulled (as well as our docks, as they are being replaced).

Not much to see on the river here in the upper Mississippi as we just got rid of winter (hopefully) last week... Other than our usual bald eagles and the migrating white pelicans.

I managed to slip and fall on the day of our last (late) snowstorm and broke my right wrist.

Should make for an interesting boating season with a cast... :confused:

View attachment 22131

View attachment 22129 View attachment 22130
OUCH!

Welcome back!! Sorry to hear of your mishap, but beautiful pics!!!!!

5E9D552E-1BC3-43A8-9942-0953A3A18FF4.gif Osprey I got fishing....

Is it okay if I just start a thread for posting random photos from little day trips? Sometimes I just have a few shots I'd like to share but don't want to post a whole thread for it. Maybe some of you feel the same? Feel free to post your own photos here from your adventures on the water if you'd like!

The forecast today in Utah was not ideal for boating. We've been getting pounded by the summer monsoons. Lots of big thunderstorms that have been causing flash floods and even landslides the last few days. But today was the start of the Outdoor Retailer (OR) Expo in Salt Lake and I have media credentials to attend. The only other way to get in is to pay big bucks and be either a gear manufacturer or a retailer. This is the first year I've gotten media cred so I'm really stoked about it. They kick it off by doing an 'Open Air Demo' at a nearby reservoir so I decided to take some friends up and do a little 'work'. Just as we showed up at the ramp, it started pouring on us, but then it cleared up and we had the lake basically to ourselves all day long. Glassy water and beautiful scenery with low storm clouds brushing through the surrounding peaks. All of the OR folks congregate on one beach and play on kayaks, paddle boards, etc. so as far as motorized traffic, we were really almost alone. Perfect!

The pics:

pineview-5.jpg

pineview-1.jpg

pineview-12.jpg

pineview-16.jpg

Showoffs...

pineview-17.jpg

pineview-18.jpg

pineview-3.jpg

pineview-13.jpg

pineview-7.jpg

We spent the last hour of the day doing the 'work' at the Open Air Demo

pineview-19.jpg

Randy, if I had to guess, I'd say that sandbar you can see on the left side of your video is a familiar one from other pictures you've posted.

Back