Pic of dual windscreens

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Got to get up close and personal today with a Q boat with the dual windscreens. Verrrrry nice!

74F60A2C-BD81-41FA-B9AA-AC724594DAA6_zps0njv4o1l.jpg

Goldenrod, did you sit in the captains chair?  How high are the windshields, high enough?  How easy to close up the center? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Goldenrod, did you sit in the captains chair?  How high are the windshields, high enough?  How easy to close up the center?
Mark. Yes, I did. I especially loved how wide it was. The windscreens seem about as high as the windscreen on our boats; high enough. I did not try to close it.

I'm going back tomorrow. I'll look closer and report back. Any specific pics you want me to take?

Golden rod, If I ever upgrade, my new Benny will have the windshield but I am not at that point yet. I was concerned that from looking at pictures they were not high enough to deflect the wind. Boating in the Adirondacks can be a little cool in the early spring [when I am itching to get out on the water] and in the late fall [when I am itching to get in some last rides] I have considered the camper enclosure or the half-enclosure but I don't want them on full time and from what I have heard from others it seems impractical to put them on and off on a regular basis. I know that I could just put the enclosure on in the fall and leave it on for the final weeks of boating and into the first few weeks of spring but for some reason that just doesn't interest me.

I am also somewhat limited to size constraints by my association so I will need the windshield on a 23xx model.  For now I will be happy with what I have and am anxious to see how my boat performs with the Express Package and the wave shield

Golden rod, If I ever upgrade, my new Benny will have the windshield but I am not at that point yet. I was concerned that from looking at pictures they were not high enough to deflect the wind. Boating in the Adirondacks can be a little cool in the early spring [when I am itching to get out on the water] and in the late fall [when I am itching to get in some last rides] I have considered the camper enclosure or the half-enclosure but I don't want them on full time and from what I have heard from others it seems impractical to put them on and off on a regular basis. I know that I could just put the enclosure on in the fall and leave it on for the final weeks of boating and into the first few weeks of spring but for some reason that just doesn't interest me.

I am also somewhat limited to size constraints by my association so I will need the windshield on a 23xx model.  For now I will be happy with what I have and am anxious to see how my boat performs with the Express Package and the wave shield
Mark, you may want to take a quick vacation up here in Canada and visit one of our free doctors to get all that itching checked out! Hehe 

I'm not sure what all you other members think, but I kinda feel like the windshield looks better when the chrome trim piece is all the blacked out style. Not sure, haven't really searched or payed any attention to it before in any head on or front quarter pics. Although I guess I'm not buying a new boat so it really doesn't matter!! Haha

Where's the door on the port side? Does it have 2 one in the bow and one in the stern only?

Where's the door on the port side? Does it have 2 one in the bow and one in the stern only?
If I remember correctly, there were no side doors on the Q we were on that had the windshield. Just bow and stern.

Looks like the exact windshield we had on our old Maxum bowrider........sorry guys not feeling it. .......

I wonder if it would interfere w/the installation of the PTEM mirror........

OK, Mark, here you go. The photo below was taken with me seated at the helm, looking straight ahead. As you can see, the height is similar to the traditional windscreen. You don't look through it, but it directs the oncoming wind up and over the captain (unless you are well over 6 feet tall).

8D29755B-E4BA-4891-AF13-E13E77377BF4_zpsnhh3bdwe.jpg

Another manufacturer displayed a boat with a taller, less stylish (IMHO) windscreen that looks more like a fishing boat windscreen. This is one you would definitely look through, not over.

AEB78BD2-783E-434A-96AB-2BDEF6C4C0AE_zpsoxh1gst9.jpg

The Bennington seems slightly less functional, but exceptionally more stylish!

YMMV!

Thanks for the followup GoldenRod

Benningtons tinted glass/acrylic also makes it much more stylish.

Saw this yesterday in Omaha. Not for me. One of the things we like about the pontoon is bringing everybody together. To me, this seperates everybody.

We also so the new Cobalt pontoon. Unimpressive. No space. Cushions very hard. Just weird.

Love or slx.

Saw this yesterday in Omaha. Not for me. One of the things we like about the pontoon is bringing everybody together. To me, this seperates everybody.

We also so the new Cobalt pontoon. Unimpressive. No space. Cushions very hard. Just weird.

Love or slx.
Agreed about the Marker One. Cobalt makes great boats, but they need to learn what pontoon boaters love. Doesn't seem like they asked.

I am also somewhat limited to size constraints by my association so I will need the windshield on a 23xx model. For now I will be happy with what I have and am anxious to see how my boat performs with the Express Package and the wave shield
There are snaps on each side leading down to the floor on the front loungers. I assume that it has to be for a vinyl/leather insert to offer more wind deflection. A removable door if you will below the center windshield . I haven't seen it mentioned but it would only make sense to why they were there.

The no side doors have been a constant criticism on the Q model with windshield at my Dealers showroom.   

The no side doors have been a constant criticism on the Q model with windshield at my Dealers showroom.   
It's interesting how people use their boats differently. Mainly because of my L configured dock/lift setup, I don't think we've ever used the (1) side door on our R series, even at various guest docks on the lake. Most of the time it's off the back deck.

It's interesting how people use their boats differently. Mainly because of my L configured dock/lift setup, I don't think we've ever used the (1) side door on our R series, even at various guest docks on the lake. Most of the time it's off the back deck.
We keep our "bow seat" where the port side door is located. We board and disembark from the port or stern decks.

We keep our "bow seat" where the port side door is located. We board and disembark from the port or stern decks.
Yes, we do the same thing with our bow seat to port and it works great.

We also have our bow seat port side in front of the door. I like the look and appreciate what they are after--the performance boat look with twin helms. I use the toon in a different way and I don't think the twin PB look would work for how I use my toon.

Cheers, Steve

Back