Picture please (Factory LED side lighting)

Dougncrew,
I just purchased my 22SSRX and this is one of the things I really want to do. I assume you took the wiring to the helm and wired to a switch there. I'm curious how you accessed that wiring.
Did you run the LED wiring from the Bow end of the LED strip, Stern end or somehow from the middle? (I'm thinking port side mainly).
I have a tritoon with the aluminum under-skirting. I can't tell from the pics if you have that under-skirting. If you had the aluminum under-skirting how did you get the wiring to the helm?
Sorry for all the questions, but it looks so good I really want to do this.

I should have taken more pictures as I went along.
  1. I removed the 9/16" bolts holding the skirt on. I used a cordless impact with a universal and a stubby opened end wrench.
  2. I ran the switch end of the wire up thru the rubber tube into the helm by sticking a wire down from the inside.
  3. I ran the wires up to the bow. About half way up I ran the port side across by sticking a tape measure across between the bottom of the deck and the under skin (wave shield I believe)and taping the wire to it. I chose going forward so I didn't have to deal with the engine compartment because I have an IO.
  4. The Z metal I had was in 5 foot lengths and the LED plastic is in 4 foot lengths so I had to splice them together. As I wiped down the aluminum with alcohol then attached the plastic part with the 3M tape. Then drilled for and installed two 1/8" pop rivets per plastic part.
  5. I re installed the Skirt parts. I suggest tying a string to the closed end of the wrench so if you drop it behind the skirt you don't have to remove it again to get the wrench.... Don't ask. Also A flex socket is better than the universal if you can get one. I would wrap duct tape around the universal joint to limit the movement.
  6. I started at the front and installed the Z shape cutting when needed to make sure I hit at least 2 of the cross members with the fasteners.
  7. I then installed the LED strips on each side. After my fingers started to hurt from pushing in the part I found that the box end of the open end wrench worked real good pushing it in the plastic track. I could walk along and just slide the wrench as I went and it pushed the part in.
  8. I spliced in the wires and then put clear silicon on the ends of the LED's so that they couldn't start coming out (drunk people wouldn't be able to pick at it).
  9. The switch was easy to install. on my helm I had a AUX input and a USB input on the left side. I removed the USB and made the hole a little bigger for the switch I bought and installed the switch. I just bought a new AUX /USB input to replace the one I have so I still have both options. I found an extra wire connector that had a positive and negative that is ran off of the accessory switch. I cut off the connector and spiced in a inline 10 AMP fuse on the hot side and connected the wires to the switch.
20180529_165751_resized.jpg
20180529_165755.jpg
20180529_165847.jpg
20180531_203923_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Disregard the empty whiskey glass. Also this kind of suck doing this in Phoenix it is so hot out. plus it is real hot when you have to crawl in to the helm. I am 6' - 4" and weigh 260 Lbs. not a good fit.
If anyone is in my area or Parker AZ I have extra Z metal they can have for free.

Disregard the empty whiskey glass. Also this kind of suck doing this in Phoenix it is so hot out. plus it is real hot when you have to crawl in to the helm. I am 6' - 4" and weigh 260 Lbs. not a good fit.
If anyone is in my area or Parker AZ I have extra Z metal they can have for free.
But, but, it's a dry heat... ;)

Hey Doug, Where did you find the Z shaped metal strips?

I just happen to have some left over from a project i had. I bought them from a place call coast aluminum.

Back