Pictures - 2017 23' Swingback

Wow! Great looking boat. But for us it would not work, even though we love the look. The main reason we bought a Pontoon boat is that we often have our grandkids or other little ones on board, and at least several times a year we have both sons and their kids at the same time, and need room for 10. While nothing is ever totally safe with little ones, the fence all around at least keeps them contained and within sight.

I am really surprised that Bennington allows the swing back to be bought without the rail system, if for no other reason than the exposure it bring to them for liability issues. Even then, the rail is not really more than a visual reminder to not go back there. I know for sure that on our boat, the rear sun pad is off limits while under way. Not just our rule, but several warnings on the boat as well. 

Still, that swing back looks just fantastic, just not for those with little passengers.

congratulations.jpg

Just speculation on my part, but I would think that the dealership knows the rules in their state about whether it's allowed or not, and wouldn't be able to sell it that way if it were illegal. 

Actually, to my knowledge, the "gate" door on the starboard side is the important part. That prevents movement to the "rear" while underway. The "Captain" of the boat is the one responsible as to who uses that seat while underway.

No rail, no seating while underway.

A dealer should not have any issue with it if that doors installed. People not following boating laws is not the dealers responsibility. A good dealer would probably warn you though.

The rear facing seats are legal.  The point is whether anyone can be sitting in them when the boat is moving

Yes, from the looks of it the wait was worth it! Congratulations on a fine looking Bennington!

Back