Planning A Wedding

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
Some Good News to Share with my 

Bennington Family 

It is official ...

4ec3457479b9c21e5a71de4e074ceffc.jpg

Though anticipated for quite sometime it was made a reality today !

Now the fun begins, its wedding planning time on The Lake !

Not looking to be corny 

But 

This song rings true to me 

Hope a few of you remember Mike Douglas 

https://youtu.be/HUvyhiLDByY

I use to be able to post youtube videos , not sure why it is not allowing me to do today

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HUvyhiLDByY"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
We call these vertical funerals in my crowd.

Marriage really is a wonderful institution..... if you want to spend the rest of your life in an institution!

Bada bing, bada boom! I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your wait staff.

All kidding aside, congratulations..... I think! ;-)

Thank you Goldnrod,

I have 33 Years 

No Complaints 

Maybe One 

The Time Went Too Fast !

Pittsburgh.jpg

Been married 21, advice I can give you is Happy wife, happy life :)

Who's getting married Pittsburgh?!?

Congratulations Pittsburgh but as Big Kahuna said "Who"?

I too am amongst the curious.

I am sorry, I left out who (lol) 

It is my one and only daughter 

Last night during dinner her boyfriend proposed 

So now we are planning a wedding 

My wife and I are extremely happy 

The video link I added told the story better than I could 

It was an old song by Mike Douglas 

Congrats!!

Pittsburgh CONGRATS !!

Planning a wedding can be exciting but it also can be a royal pain in the butt.  We've found that out in the last 4 months while planning our june wedding.....the hall - the food - the decorations - invitations - the all important dress - the dj - the church......and the list goes on.  The only thing I am excited about it's only a couple months away and then all the planning headaches will be over....well there will be other headaches to deal with later I'm sure.

Congrats!  I married off 2 of my 3 daughters within the last 3 years.  The planning is indeed a pain, although mainly I just wrote the checks and said "yes dear" to my wife and daughters a lot.  

J Taylor,

I couldn't imagine 2 of 3 daughters in the last 3 years

The cost has me concerned , but I want only the best for my daughter and son in law to be

It is going to be interesting like the movie Father of The Bride

I am sure I will be pushed out of all the decision making 

My job will be writing the check (lol) 

118208524.jpg

And don't get me started on the time that I made one daughter cry when I told her I couldn't tell the difference between the 3 shades of black she wanted my preference on for the invitations.

Congratulations. We have 2 sons get married so we weren't as involved in the planning.

Congratulations! We went through all this about 5 years ago with our older daughter. Quite an experience to say the least. My wife and daughter planned pretty much everything to a "T". I learned quickly in that business you definitely write a lot of checks and they generally want to be paid up front or day of, no matter what it is. It flowed really fast!

My neighbor, who married off 4 kids, had the best advice of all for us and it rang true when the big day came. "No matter how much you plan, some things won't go off as expected (20%). Just go with it and enjoy the day with joy in your heart and you'll be fine". We and our guests all had a fantastic time. Sure, a few things didn't go right, but it didn't matter at all and those things make great stories for another day (when we can laugh about it) B)

We've also had 2 proposals happen on our lake beach. Something special there I guess ... good stuff.

We are not sure what the plans are as of yet, 

this may be the first full blown wedding and reception on The Lake in recent memory 

Ofcourse whatever they like we will do so time will tell

We know it wont be a traditional wedding more of an outdoor wedding 

No matter what we are happy for the two of them 

Seeing this next stage with the kids is pretty amazing 

118208555.jpg

Congratulations. Be prepared to write the checks and don't cut corners. I went through this 7 years ago. Seeing your little girl in her dress and taking her down the aisle is the most rewarding/interesting/mind blowing experience a dad can have. It still touches me deeply. Best wishes to you and your family.

Cheers, Steve

Thank you Steve,

I think there are momentous moments in life and being a part of your children's lives is without 

question at the top of the list. I am savoring every moment and enjoying every second :)

Life is amazing when you take time to enjoy it, while working it was a blur of fast paced travel 

and insanity , now it is filled with daily miracles.

118208567.jpg

Back