Playpen cover warranty

Hawklakebenny

Reaction score
We bought a Bennington sl20 last spring, and the playpen cover is not even close to being water resistant. After a rain there is water in the cup holders, carpet and seats are soaked. I treated it with 303 fabric guard as per surlast care instructions. It did not help. The Bimini boot is so tight to put on its tearing the stitching along the zipper. Has anyone had similar problems? Should both of these be replaced under warranty?

I would start by calling the dealer you purchased it from

Contact your selling dealer first. There are brown trucks for a reason. You shouldn't have to drive 4 hours to get this resolved.

Keep us posted.

Warranty .

My bimini cover was also very very tight. I noticed at the dealer they had unsnapped the side flap snap before putting on the cover so I tried it and the cover went on nice and easy.  I now unsnap those 2 snaps (one each side) before I put the bimini away and put on the cover.

No idea if you have the same bimini but I thought I'd throw this out there in case it helps.

My attempt to post a pic with snap circled -- hope it works. Click on pic to see circle.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dealer replaced the playpen cover and our Bimini boot under warranty. Now I just have to install the snaps on the cover. Thankfully my dealer shipped the tool with the cover. Guess I should treat the covers too. 

Back