Pontoon splash shield

jmalch

Reaction score
I have a 2014 22ssx and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is supposed to have splash shields on the inside of the pontoons where the toons meet the deck. All the wireing and control cables are on top af the toons and get soaked.A friend has the same boat that is older and his has spray shields,wondering if dealer missed putting them on.

If you are referring to the under deck wave shield ,it is an option on some models .

He may also be referring to lifting strakes but whatever, those wires can take getting wet.  On the other hand we added the underdeck wave shield a couple of years after buying our boat and I can attest to what a difference it made as to the quality of the ride

If you mean covering the M brackets like it is on the outside, no. Even underdeck is an option as stated above. Trust us, those cables and wiring are made for getting wet anyhow. 

He's not referring to those splash guards that are on both sides of every toon is he?!? You know the ones that you can order fortified or they're solid underneath?

Could be ,but there is no wiring there .( at least on mine ) 

I think he's referring to the vertical piece between the toon and deck, more of a finish piece. I have them but I have the full under shield except for the very front section. I think they call that option the wave tamer now.

even without them I'm sure all the wiring and steering cables will be fine. They would be designed to be exposed to the elements

Last edited by a moderator:
Back