Post up your other toys or hobbies ..... AGAIN

I saw this video on the 4 Bore Rifle .Anyone own one ? ( I do not )

Jack,
I almost bought this. Why? Why not? :D

IMG_1660_Original.jpeg

As some of you know, I LOVE snowmobiling. It’s a passion!

Winters here in the LP of Michigan have been dicey in recent years. For instance, with El Niño, this winter is supposed to be worse than last winter, and the pic below is last winter for us (Houghton Lake, MI is our cottage):

IMG_5770.jpeg

I put a deposit down on a well maintained pre-owned snowmobile trailer. This will facilitate my hobby/sport - hopefully!!!

I pick it up this upcoming Tuesday. Will go through wheel bearings and make sure their squared away, but everything else is 100% like new on this thing. :)

Excited for the new found flexibility, as well as some other potential utility from it. It’s also small and light. Trailer is 985 lbs. Can hold another 2k lbs within it. Perfect for my smaller Cherokee Trailhawk. :cool:

IMG_0537.pngIMG_0538.pngIMG_0539.pngIMG_5761.jpegIMG_0536.jpegIMG_0544.pngIMG_0542.png

Tow Vehicle:

IMG_5752.jpeg

The Sleds:

IMG_5749.jpegIMG_5750.jpeg

/monthly_2016_03/large.9C320DB5-952D-4392-B643-9132C7D0A70B.JPG.f5e4195d3e2714c7084ff3e6e6a7394a.JPG/gallery/album_657/gallery_1371_657_1471151.jpg/gallery/album_568/gallery_1371_568_563343.jpg

Attachments

• 8F35688D-1447-4BF4-99F4-1D3693C165CA.jpeg
    8F35688D-1447-4BF4-99F4-1D3693C165CA.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 64BF183B-4E59-4626-8602-862C33E896FA.jpeg
    64BF183B-4E59-4626-8602-862C33E896FA.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 3
Excited for the new found flexibility, as well as some other potential utility from it. It’s also small and light. Trailer is 985 lbs. Can hold another 2k lbs within it. Perfect for my smaller Cherokee Trailhawk. :cool:

Can easily second as a basic camper. Beats a tent. Luggable Loo, blow up mattress, some led lights and you’re set!

Oh and a portable tv for those games!!! :p

Nice Harley Cletus. I have a slightly modded 883. Hopefully getting a Street Glide in spring.

Can easily second as a basic camper. Beats a tent. Luggable Loo, blow up mattress, some led lights and you’re set!
Funny you mention it! I was thinking the same thing when I was looking it over.

It’s a nice somewhat squared off 8.5’ x 13’ trailer on the interior, and 70” height, so you can literally still stand up all the way…okay short people like me and my wife can at least. :p

Kind of a perfect size for mattress, hauling camping gear and belongings, and popping it easily in a camp ground somewhere. A new option at least if we want to take advantage of it.

Funny you mention it! I was thinking the same thing when I was looking it over.

It’s a nice somewhat squared off 8.5’ x 13’ trailer on the interior, and 70” height, so you can literally still stand up all the way…okay short people like me and my wife can at least. :p

Kind of a perfect size for mattress, hauling camping gear and belongings, and popping it easily in a camp ground somewhere. A new option at least if we want to take advantage of it.

And if you aren't concerned with “security” you could easily pop a couple rv windows/portholes into it. I’d pop one in door and opposite side. Wait till it’s cold, heat the inside and the support structure should telegraph through the skin to see where you can cut. Being I sold my camper I’m looking for a small trailer to mod or I may buy a topper (or build a setup) for my truck and create a boondocking setup.

And if you aren't concerned with “security” you could easily pop a couple rv windows/portholes into it. I’d pop one in door and opposite side. Wait till it’s cold, heat the inside and the support structure should telegraph through the skin to see where you can cut. Being I sold my camper I’m looking for a small trailer to mod or I may buy a topper (or build a setup) for my truck and create a boondocking setup.
With some expensive sleds and winter gear otherwise stored in there as its normal purpose, security is literally the highest priority. Good idea otherwise though!!!

With 2 sleds and gear and what not, one is likely pushing somewhere between 20-35k sitting inside their snowmobile trailer. Gotta lock that sucker down! ;)

Last edited:
Got the trailer home, and ready to roll in time for winter.

In the background you can see our lake house & garage to the left. Straight ahead in the background you can see the lake, finally snow covered. It’s finally starting to freeze! Thin layer currently. However, if temps stay low as forecast the next two weeks, it should get thick fast.

IMG_5827.jpeg

In the background you can see our lake house & garage to the left. Straight ahead in the background you can see the lake, finally snow covered. It’s finally starting to freeze! Thin layer currently. However, if temps stay low as forecast the next two weeks, it should get thick fast.

View attachment 35242

That thing looks huge now that it’s hooked to your Jeep!

I know, right. I was thinking the same thing with the side profile. About as small as I could go though, and fortunately, totally loaded, it will be well below my tow capacity. That said, I had not added winter tires yet to it (new to me Cherokee late last winter after selling my X3). So I am adding those this upcoming week to help with traction and control in winter weather.

But yeah…looks big on my tiny Cherokee Trailhawk.

View attachment 35242
Brrrrr! Making me cold wearing shorts!

Brrrrr! Making me cold wearing shorts!
You need to be dressed like this and have some warm coffee or coco with you:

IMG_5811.jpeg

Artic weather moving into our state for the next week or two. So a dive into negative digits follows the blizzard that arrives overnight tonight. Our lake should finally be frozen solid soon and useable again. Can’t wait!!!

Last edited:
You need to be dressed like this and have some warm coffee or coco with you:

View attachment 35246

Artic weather moving into our state for the next week or two. So a dive into negative digits follows the blizzard that arrives overnight tonight. Our lake should finally be frozen solid soon and useable again. Can’t wait!!!
We used to go skiing in New England every year and have been to Colorado, Utah and Canada used to do alot of cold weather sports. But if I never saw snow again it wouldn't bother me! Ha! Just got off a cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale after 10 days in the southern Caribbean/Panama Canal. Now we're back in NC and the high today was 57 degrees! Brrrrr! Ha!

Back