Post up your other toys or hobbies ..... AGAIN

Once again the weatherman is wrong for my area . After predicting 8 to 24 inches of snow we got an inch :D. The blizzard warning was canceled overnight and we now have an advisory that expires at 7 am Sunday .

Once again the weatherman is wrong for my area . After predicting 8 to 24 inches of snow we got an inch :D. The blizzard warning was canceled overnight and we now have an advisory that expires at 7 am Sunday .
I just did our driveway , we got maybe 3 inches .It hard to tell with the wind ,but we didnt get much .

I just did our driveway , we got maybe 3 inches .It hard to tell with the wind ,but we didnt get much .
I think we got 6 inches based on driveway and deck, but with drifting, thinner in some areas, and then deeper in others. We have another 4 inches forecast by tomorrow morning. With those combined numbers, we‘d be around 10 inches, maybe 12. That would be on the low end of what was forecast, but still pretty solid. We are done to just finishing up cars and the plow line cutting off our driveway. Then a big brunch with our oldest son up visiting this weekend. And topping it off, we’ll hit the snowmobile trails.

IMG_5835.jpeg

Your pic ,looks like you got more than up here .

Funny you mention it! I was thinking the same thing when I was looking it over.

It’s a nice somewhat squared off 8.5’ x 13’ trailer on the interior, and 70” height, so you can literally still stand up all the way…okay short people like me and my wife can at least. :p

Kind of a perfect size for mattress, hauling camping gear and belongings, and popping it easily in a camp ground somewhere. A new option at least if we want to take advantage of it.
Why, is all that I can say. With a beautiful home on a lake and a Benny parked out front, why on earth would you want to go camping?? In a snowmobile trailer, no less. I guess, because you could, but no way in heck I’m giving up any time on the lake if I can help it. Silly boy…

Why, is all that I can say. With a beautiful home on a lake and a Benny parked out front, why on earth would you want to go camping?? In a snowmobile trailer, no less. I guess, because you could, but no way in heck I’m giving up any time on the lake if I can help it. Silly boy…
You’re right! It’d be a fall and/or spring thing. I wouldn’t give up lake time for that either.

I am a snowmobile nut. Just got a new machine this year. It was modified as soon as I got it home because that is what I do. The modifications improve ergonomics and comfort. It all started fifteen years ago when I prepared a machine for some sort of straight line distance record. Now after three machines and 65,000 miles I continued making the same modifications. They make a 300 mile day feel like a 200 mile day.

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 14
I think we got 6 inches based on driveway and deck, but with drifting, thinner in some areas, and then deeper in others. We have another 4 inches forecast by tomorrow morning. With those combined numbers, we‘d be around 10 inches, maybe 12. That would be on the low end of what was forecast, but still pretty solid. We are done to just finishing up cars and the plow line cutting off our driveway. Then a big brunch with our oldest son up visiting this weekend. And topping it off, we’ll hit the snowmobile trails.

View attachment 35248

Keep it up there !!!!! ;)

I am a snowmobile nut. Just got a new machine this year. It was modified as soon as I got it home because that is what I do. The modifications improve ergonomics and comfort. It all started fifteen years ago when I prepared a machine for some sort of straight line distance record. Now after three machines and 65,000 miles I continued making the same modifications. They make a 300 mile day feel like a 200 mile day.
I live for it! Snowmobiling (sorry, don’t hate me around here) is my hands down favorite sport/leisure activity. For me, nothing better out there.

I live for it! Snowmobiling (sorry, don’t hate me around here) is my hands down favorite sport/leisure activity. For me, nothing better out there.
Nothing wrong with that, at least in my opinion. It gives you something to look forward to when winter is inevitable. I grew up on one and loved it (although boating was always my number one).

Agree I love snowmobiling but not as much as boating. Unfortunately the lake doesn’t freeze solid the last few years so you can’t safely sled. My brother in law goes up to Moosehead lake in Maine and rides the trails up there.

So with my job promotion and transfer, decided to trade the CTS Coupe for a gas conscious but fun car. Grabbed a Hyundai Veloster Turbo Ultimate. 40 mpg but also a fun little pocket rocket.

IMG_6175.jpegIMG_6167.jpegIMG_6348.jpegIMG_6349.jpeg

Looks fun. Do you guys still have the gto?

Year-round hobby is Collecting CDs and upgrading my stereo equipment and streaming music with my 2.2 system especially in the winter when the boat’s in storage. Can’t wait to stream music through the 6 speakers in my Bennington.

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpeg
    IMG_1889.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 7
Year-round hobby is Collecting CDs and upgrading my stereo equipment and streaming music with my 2.2 system especially in the winter when the boat’s in storage. Can’t wait to stream music through the 6 speakers in my Bennington.

Speaking of collecting cds … I wonder how many AOL burned in the 90’s/2000’s?
We were talking about that the other day because one of my customers still has an AOL email account. Must be 10’s of millions in the landfill!???

Speaking of collecting cds … I wonder how many AOL burned in the 90’s/2000’s?
We were talking about that the other day because one of my customers still has an AOL email account. Must be 10’s of millions in the landfill!???
True and sad to think about. I had stopped buying CDs once I started streaming music, which I will with the Fosgate stereo in the Bennington. Started buying them again and there is a resurgence in CD buying. Old guys rule! :)

Back