Price Of Bimini Electric Top w/Blue LED Lighting

Your definition would be wrong, not to sound rude, but to me, "aftermarket" means just that, After Market. You can purchase After Market speakers that are far superior to your stock ones. I would be interested in knowing or seeing pics of how Bennington beefs up the railings to support it. I guess even though you haven't had any problems yet, keep in mind that Bennington builds these boats to last a long time and thought that was the best way to go. Who knows, even though I only got my boat a little over a month ago, maybe I need to upgrade something already! I never actually thought that much about the power bimini, but maybe it would be nice to have. My dealer also gave me a price on the boat and options I originally picked, then as I started to 'add' options, he gave me cost as well, or at least what I thought was a very fair deal on them anyway. As a question, can your old top still go on? I haven't seen one installed, so didnt know if it made a mess of the rail. For now I guess i'll just stick with my poor boy bimini top. haha

Derrick

Yes, I could remove the power top and put the original top back on, however, if this top ever fails, I'll get another. We are at our lake house every weekend and I've used the heck out of my power top. It is no longer an option for me but a necessity.

Yes, I could remove the power top and put the original top back on, however, if this top ever fails, I'll get another. We are at our lake house every weekend and I've used the heck out of my power top. It is no longer an option for me but a necessity.
Ahhh, I see, I've never used one or seen one operate in real life, I just yell at the wife to give me a hand! Power option might be better!! Haha :)

Derrick

I've got to stop reading these pontoon forums... now I'm thinking of trying to get the electric bimini top ordered before the build date. My buddy never uses his bimini but I think I'd use it almost every time out.  The only thing I wonder about is the blue leds on the bimini... WHY would I ever have the bimini up at night?  I still may do it... I like pushing buttons that do work for me although it's also something else that can break and needs repairs. decisions... decisions....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wonder if Schwintek biminis is an individually owned company?  They previously made electric slide mechanisms for travel trailers and a television lift.  In fact, the motor used in the actuator for the bimini is the same they use in sliders.

Schwintek was sold last year to Lippert Industries, the giant in the RV component business.

I've got to stop reading these pontoon forums... now I'm thinking of trying to get the electric bimini top ordered before the build date. My buddy never uses his bimini but I think I'd use it almost every time out.  The only thing I wonder about is the blue leds on the bimini... WHY would I ever have the bimini up at night?  I still may do it... I like pushing buttons that do work for me although it's also something else that can break and needs repairs. decisions... decisions....
We love our power top. The blue LEDs don't make any sense to me either. We never turn ours on other than one time to verify they were working.

If it is a nice night I generally don't cover my boat on the weekend especially if we are going out for a night cruise.  Generally the bimini will be up and when we go out at night the bimini is lit, and I love the effect and looking at it.  Many have commented that my white hair takes on a beautiful old lady blue hair look thanks to those lights

If it is a nice night I generally don't cover my boat on the weekend especially if we are going out for a night cruise.  Generally the bimini will be up and when we go out at night the bimini is lit, and I love the effect and looking at it.  Many have commented that my white hair takes on a beautiful old lady blue hair look thanks to those lights
We're going to need a picture of the blue haired old lady  B)

Hey Blue Hair! Steer your walker back over to the computer and clean out your message inbox. It's full. Geezer!! ;-)

We're going to need a picture of the blue haired old lady  B)
Link_zpsl3ngaaoa.jpg

Pics in my gallery

Back