Prop Advice

Link

Reaction score
I want to have a prop on board for backup.  On my 2012 RL I have the express toon setup with a Yamaha 115 and my feeling it is not propped right.  It is an aluminum 13.5 x 15.  I was out last weekend and at wot my rpms was only 4800 and my top speed was only 24mph.  Granted I was away a lot this summer and my toons are a little more dirty than usual but when I first put the express toon on I hit 31mph.

Go with the 13.5 x 13 four blade SS. I love mine, and the RPMs are right where the book says they are supposed to be; 5900-6000, and the speed is around 27-28MPH. BTW, I have the F90 motor. It shoots out of the water from a dead stop.

Thanks for the advice but I only want an aluminum prop

I'm running a 13" Quicksilver Nemesis 4 blade aluminum on my 115 Yamaha.  It performs well on my 22' with the Express Toon setup.  31 mph top speed and I am able to pull the grandkids on a tube without blowing out.  Hard turns at full acceleration need a bit more muscle on the steering wheel than the 15" three blade prop I replaced.  Other than that, it works great.

Back