Prop Comparison - Enertia vs. Revolution 4

C'mon Keith, we live in the home state of the Polar Express. What's the theme of the movie?

BELIEVE !!!
Well I want to but something tells me I'm wasting a lot of $$$ on hardly any (if any) improvement but a few of you swear by this exact size Enertia on your boats so we'll see.

I've never tried an Enertia simply because I've had good results with another brand. The Enertia has a strong following and that's the prop you chose. Since Ken already has your money, testing the 16p Enertia makes sense for the extra cost incurred.

The 16P Enertia arrives tomorrow. B)

New stats to follow soon.

This Enertia has solid plugs in the three PVS (venting) holes. The 17P that I tried didn't have ANY plugs in them. Those of you running this prop on your pontoons....do you have any plugs in yours or are they open? Just wondering if I should leave them in or remove them?

Mine has solid plugs, leave them in.

How different would that 17P have run with them in?

I just leave them in. It allows the prop to rev up a little more quickly, but it may also cavitate a bit so the prop doesn't hook up like you want.

Well I already can't trim my outdrive up very much before the prop is coming out of the water (with the 17P Enertia or my stock prop). Will this make a difference?

I just leave them in. It allows the prop to rev up a little more quickly, but it may also cavitate a bit so the prop doesn't hook up like you want.
Sorry, I meant to say leaving them out does this.

Yeah this is what Ken @ Propgods said about them:

If you open the plugs it will allow the motor to rev up easier during holeshot.

I would leave them closed on your particular setup.

Well the 16P Enertia is DEFINITELY NOT the answer:

RPM's Speed

1000 4.2

2000 10.2

3000 21.7

4000 32..2

WOT: 4700 rpm's @ 38.3mph

0-30mph time: 8.6 seconds

I had just less than 1/2 tank (of a 55 gallon tank) whereas the other props I had a good 3/4 of a tank full.

So the 0-30 time is unchaged with all three props. The 17P Enertia is the best overall but not worth the $500 for hardly any improvement over my stock prop. I'll see if Ken thinks it's worthwhile trying an 18P.

Frustrating.

Wow! Sorry to hear your frustration. Props are funny and I hope I'm not to blame because I praised the Enertia. Maybe it's better for an outboard than a I/O.

Sorry that the Enertia didn't work out. Everyone made honest recommendations based on positive personal experience with the Enertia.

Go Solas! {: )

Sorry that the Enertia didn't work out. Everyone made honest recommendations based on positive personal experience with the Enertia.

Go Solas! {: )
You really think a Solas or any other prop is really going to give me any significant improvement over my stock prop after just trying two Enertias? I don't.

By the way, Ken @ Propgod's said that it looks like my stock prop is obviously about as good of performance as I'm going to get.

Really sorry to hear this didn't work out better. I guess some hull/engine combo's such as your I/O are just not as sensitive to props. Pontoons just seem to be a whole different breed...

You really think a Solas or any other prop is really going to give me any significant improvement over my stock prop after just trying two Enertias? I don't.
Yes, I do.

The only way to know is to test. You're gonna spend money to test. If you're not willing to continue, don't. It's that simple. But don't for a second think that there isn't something better out there.

Dont throw all your eggs in one basket. The Enertia basket that is lol.

Yes, I do.

The only way to know is to test. You're gonna spend money to test. If you're not willing to continue, don't. It's that simple. But don't for a second think that there isn't something better out there.

Dont throw all your eggs in one basket. The Enertia basket that is lol.
Well I will have to find someone like Propgods that will let me try it and return it if it doesn't help.

I'm done with trying props. Solas emailed me back. I informed them of everything I have done (which props I've used and all the stats....basically everything listed here). he came and said he'd try the 14.75 x 19P which would give me 1mph faster top end speed.

Pretty sure that's not worth spending the $$$ over.

Looks like what was already on the boat is the best....regardless of how high the slip is.

Back