PTM Edge Mirror

Jack M

Reaction score
I have decided to buy a PTM Edge for next season .

Now I have to decide between  the 4.5 x 8 or the 6 x 14 .

The 4.5 x 8 looks like it will store better under the mooring  cover .I cover every day after we use it 

I also have to decide if I want the clamp on or bolt on .I don't have a problem drilling the two holes in the rails . I would hate to loose a mirror because the clamp came loose .

Comments , suggestions or a different mirror setup .

Thanks 

Well I have the 6x14, clamp on, love it. I just unscrew the mirror when I come off the lake and put it under the console. I do mean just the mirror, I leave the bracket attached. Only thing I'm disappointed about the PTM is a little design flaw, because of the rail being right tight to the dash, it has to be mounted slightly more forward than I wanted it to be (closer to the driver) although after using it the 5 times I got out this year, I am still quite pleased with it. I would order the 6x14 again, even though it wasn't what I originally ordered,  I think the added size gives you a lot more view. Oh, and the design flaw, if you look closely at the base, how it is hinged, the bracket is wider than the mount, so if you move the mirror farther forward, the bracket is touching the side of the dash and the mount isn't completely on the rail. I took a picture that I was going to send to them, but forgot about it until now. Haha.

Here, I just uploaded them from my phone.

Thanks for the pic ,I can see what you are referring to .Looks like I will be going with  the clamp on .

Another question ,the mirror it self  is removable from the bracket ?

Still debating on the size ,currently we don't tube or ski ,that could change in 2015 when we upgrade .

Thanks Derrick .

We have the smaller one and it's fine. I was going to get the larger one but Suzi said no. When you fold it down it fits under the cover so you don't have to remove it. The clamp-on is good and you can put it on your next boat.  :D

Thanks ,Carl .

They sell them on Amazon now .

The 4.5 x 8 is plenty big but if I were to buy another one.............I'd probably buy the bigger one. Why? More surface area to see more behind you. Plus my eyes are getting worse in my old age..........Ha! 
gallery_1283_354_308534.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pic ,I can see what you are referring to .Looks like I will be going with  the clamp on .

Still debating on the size ,currently we don't tube or ski ,that could change in 2015 when we upgrade .

Thanks Derrick .

Thanks Derrick .
yes the mirror is removable. I like the size, especially because of my tower, it's surprising what that 3" bar can hide, and I find that I can see them farther out in the swing while whipping the tube around which is nice. PLUS for wakeboarding I get to see the WHOLE wipeout when they land!! Haha

yes the mirror is removable. I like the size, especially because of my tower, it's surprising what that 3" bar can hide, and I find that I can see them farther out in the swing while whipping the tube around which is nice. PLUS for wakeboarding I get to see the WHOLE wipeout when they land!! Haha
Check my mirror in my gallery Derrick.  Mine seems alright to me.  Maybe console is mounted a little differently in yours.  Gerry

Check my mirror in my gallery Derrick.  Mine seems alright to me.  Maybe console is mounted a little differently in yours.  Gerry
K, I'm not sure if my delivery truck has an exhaust leak and I'm high right now, but for the life of me I can't see a single pic in your galleries that show the mirror!  Yours might be different anyways because you have the power bimini as well, so it is wider than the normal rail a little.

K, I'm not sure if my delivery truck has an exhaust leak and I'm high right now, but for the life of me I can't see a single pic in your galleries that show the mirror!  Yours might be different anyways because you have the power bimini as well, so it is wider than the normal rail a little.
Hey Derrick, I just noticed, when I go to my gallery my album with the mirrors say Private.  How'd  I do that ?  How do I undo that ? Is that why you cannot see them ?  Gerry  :unsure:    

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I fixed it.  Can you see the mirror album now ?  Gerry

Yes ,thanks .

Can you fold yours down for storage ,or do you just leave it upright all the time ?

I will be covering mine everyday ,so I will need to fold mine down .

Yes ,thanks .

Can you fold yours down for storage ,or do you just leave it upright all the time ?

I will be covering mine everyday ,so I will need to fold mine down .
Yes, it folds down easily.  Still don't know how that album got private.    Gerry     

Yup I can see it now too. It must be because of your power top that they have that little extra spacer between the rail and helm. Either that or they forgot the little spacer on mine! Haha I'm thinking it's just to ensure that your bimini arm doesn't interfere with your helm in any way.

Doesn't it block you sight looking forward. Or is it tall enough to look under it? I'm 6'5" so it looks like it would be right in my field of vision.

Doesn't it block you sight looking forward. Or is it tall enough to look  under it? I'm 6'5" so it looks like it would be right in my field of vision.
That is a good question .

I am also 6'5" .

I was just on the PTM site looking for the overall height  and could not find it .

Here is the link if any one else can .Thanks 

http://www.ptmedge.com/pontoon-mirrors/

You tall 6' 5" guys won't have any trouble looking around it or over it for that matter. I'm 5" 11" and if you check out the pic I'm pretty much looking right at it. But it's installed off to the side and doesn't block your vision..............

You tall 6' 5" guys won't have any trouble looking around it or over it for that matter. I'm 5" 11" and if you check out the pic I'm pretty much looking right at it. But it's installed off to the side and doesn't block your vision..............
Thanks for the info 

Back