Q owners with sport Tower

Fatee2k

Reaction score
So.. went to pick up boat today, and doing walk thru, dealer was going over everything, checking everything, and then atempted to raise the privacy encloser, he pushed the button over and over, check the battery power, then said wait a minute.. there is no privacy enclosure, I said WHAT... When we looked at this boat at the boat show, they said it was under the rear chaise lounge, but battery was dead couldn't open.. the problem was there wasn't one there.. So here we are.. Does anyone have the privacy enclosure, and if so.. where is it.. Now they are telling me they can install one, but it will be in the bow chaise not the rear... so if anyone has a privacy encloure in the Q with sport tower.. can you post a pic of where it is. and what it looks like.. Thank you ... Going back today to pick up with a DUE bill... again THanks for everyones help.. Dealers.. Gota love them...

Fatee2k, sorry to say but I looked at the build options on your boat and it says: Privacy Chaise Tower (Port Bow Chaise) $1038

That's excalty what i am seeing too... too bad the sales person, owner of bennington, and owner or dealer.. didn't know.. or just didn't tell me, Bennington has said they will ship the dealer a complete front bow lounge with privacy enclosure at no charge, so guess i'll be going that route.. does anyone know how much room it takes up..

When I was talking about this exact issue with the Bennington rep at our boat show he said they couldn't do it because of the tower and how it mounts. So the port lounge privacy was the only option. On a 25ft. There is NO option on a 22ft. This is one major flaw in the tower/lounger design. That's why I found that other change room thing I thought we would just hang off the tower when needed. No porti potty option though. I think it shows on Page 53 of catalog. It's the same way they do it on an RCB. There is a 'door' on the backside of the front port lounge, in the walkway where the gate is. You lose the storage under the first section where the backrest is where a garbage can is usually mounted.

I don't have a sport tower. But on my Q it's on the passenger side rear. It has a separate switch with its own liner actuatior. I can see how the tower would come in contact with the recliner when it was in the up position. And with your rear deck being 3 inchs higher than most I/Os because u have the big block I can see how clearance is the issue.

I have no Idea how much space the privacy tent would take up. But if it took up any space I would just forget about it. IMO it's somthing that's hardley ever gonna get used and I would not want to take up space.

Last edited:
Thanks guys... We talked to Bennington This morning, He said that we were designing a manual unit that will work in one of the other models, and going to try to incorparate in this boat, it is a problem with the tower, and for sure with the Big block just like Geewest pointed out, that is why they only have the option for the port bow.. I wasn't there this morning so i was not able to ask him, why he didn't know this at the LA boat show or share it with me if he did.. and why did he himself tell me that boat we were looking at (25Q I/O sport tower) had 2 privacy enclosures , and he didn't know why, but apparently I know why it had 2... ( It Didn't ) ..and He is the owner of Bennington..not the dealer ..Quote: there exact words was the battery was disconnected. Then why did stereo worked just fine ( smells a little fishy) . Then to top if off, they brought me over to the 28Q non tower.. and pushed the button and up she went...one more thing, in the electrical compartment theres a rocker switch for the privacy... go figure.. Not really bitching guys, just kinda venting experience, As a business owner i know first hand, Shit happens, it is just the way it is.. just didn't understand why the main man say anything.. oh well.. bitchen looking boat.. the front bemine is so sweet, i was worried it would not look right un attached, but they put a curve in in matching the tower curve.. gonna pick up tommorow or tue will post pics

I have the privacy enclosure on my Q with rhe sport tower and big block. It flips up out of the back of the front chase. It is right by the side gate. It works pretty well, but you lose the storage under the head rest on the chase and you can't use the bow gate seat there because the handle sticks out to much. It won't fit between the handle and side drink holder. Last boat was a Q with the big block and the privacy enclosure was under the aft sun lounger. You did push a button and it raised up to give you access,but there was only one. The sport tower doesn't give enough room with the small block or big block. I am beginning to wonder if the sport tower is worth all the things you have to give up to get it.

Hey okie, Thanks for the info.. what motor do you have the 496 or the 502, and what kind of speeds are you getting??? Now that we know where it will be, i wonder if it is really worth it... we want to move the bow seat over there when we are beached, and my wife like the trash can, it is only the trash area that you give up... do you have a wash down.. and if so where do you have that mounted... and pics would be awesome.. Thx

I have the 8.2 HO. I haven't had the new boat in the water yet, but I assume it will run about like my last boat with the 8.2.HO The best top speed I had with it was 55 mph GPS.You will love this engine, it is perfect for this size boat. I have a friend with the R model with the 350 mag bravo 3 and it runs good, but it is no 8.2. He saved alot of cash though.My last boat wasn't DTS, so I am ready to see what that does on the new boat. If I had it to do over I probably wouldn't have added the privacy enclosure. I haven't added the wash down yet, the last boat had a sink console and it was built in with it. After reading about your lake pickup wash down I think I am going to go that route. It was a pain keeping the little water tank full. I will miss the sink we used it quite a bit.If I get by the boat in the next day or two I will take a pic of the enclosure. Take a pic of the wide bucket seat when you get it installed as I think this is a great idea, I am just wondering about the walk thru space between the 2 seats.

wow.. thats the same motor i have and the smart craft too... we are now discussing the changing room with my wife.. she likes the idea of haveing the trash can.. but more importanley moving the bow seat to the side.. and you said it won't fit... we mounted the pump in the port side rear under the engine cover in one of those small holes in the side.. mounted upside down, with one hose going out.. and then mounted the wash down in the same compartment where the trash can goes now... so i will loose that too.. and have to figure out where to put it, if i add that option... What about the seat storage, is that still there or did it take up that also... I'm hopeing it will get 58.. but we will see once i get it in the water, and see where the RPM are, and what props... I"m not new to making prop changes, we had a 34' with twin 525's, so have a lot of experencice with pitch and such... where are you located.???

I think you could get 58 by playing with the props I just left the 24 pitch on it worked pretty good. I didn't try wide open trottle much so with the right conditions you might get to 58 with out changing props. The privacy enclosure only takes up the trash can space the under seat storage is the same. They have a pretty big handle on the enclosure right on the floor that maybe could be changed to get the seat in there. If they would have mounted the drink holders 3 inches farther back it would fit.Sounds good on the wash down I think I will do the same. I live in McAlester, Oklahoma it is in the southern part of the state.

Hey okie,

I forgot to ask you.. did you get a silent choice thru-hull exhaust, and if so.. how do you like it.. i have a switch on my dash, that quiets it down when i'm docking or just trolling around then when i get going i unleash the beast...

I did get the exhaust, but my boat hasn't been in the water yet.You will be the first to try it out and let us know how it sounds. It wasn't an option when I ordered my last boat.Saw your boat pictures and that is one great looking boat. I love the front top and hope to add it to my boat.

Since I was looking at a 2275 with tower and there is no option for change room, I started hunting. Had asked on here as well, came up with this little option,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontoon-Changing-Room-Privacy-Partition-/200708233696

Then you could still use everything, although a little more hassle for the times your changing.
That looks pretty cool, as you guys said, I use the garbage can in my 25 r more than the curtain. Never so far. I wouldn't be too hard on the rep, these tower models are pretty new and the big block is the first that I have seen. Our lake is a little too shallow for that beast I fear.

That looks pretty cool, as you guys said, I use the garbage can in my 25 r more than the curtain. Never so far. I wouldn't be too hard on the rep, these tower models are pretty new and the big block is the first that I have seen. Our lake is a little too shallow for that beast I fear.
that was the problem... too new of a design especially with the big block, So after looking a privacy curtain on the port bow, we realized that it is only a changing room, if you want to have a porty potty, you have to bring it along somewhere else, as it does not fit inside...wow go figure.. so trash can stays, not going to give up that for only a changing room.. thx all.

I did get the exhaust, but my boat hasn't been in the water yet.You will be the first to try it out and let us know how it sounds. It wasn't an option when I ordered my last boat.Saw your boat pictures and that is one great looking boat. I love the front top and hope to add it to my boat.
Looks like it will be 86 on sat... so we will take her out for our first test, and will report after... thanks

I posted pictures in the gallery of my boat with the side mount privacy enclosure. After looking gate seat won't fit flush even without enclosure because the drink holder is mounted to far forward.

Thanks for the pics.. i will be checking my bow seat when i get home... they put it on a due bill, but i told them to hold off ordering and i will let them know.. i just don't think we will be using only a changing station, as i don't want to store a porta potty somewhere else.. Great pics.. good looking boat.. Can't wait till i try mine..thx again...

Back