Quality toon time

Pack1966

Reaction score
I want to query the Bennington family regarding quality toon waters.

To set the scene. We live in Fl. During the winters and travel north in the summers. Problem it is cold, rainy a lot of the time and a long trip each year. Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful.

We would like to be closer to fl, like Tn. Or something like that. We need some help to narrow our search. Our needs are great toon waters, a marina with dock space, no trailering the toon please, a nice RV park for a 40 footer and water access from May thru October within a close distance.

We would appreciate any opinions. I forgot to mention, friendly, helpful marina folks is a must.

I may have put this on the wrong forum section. Apologizes in advance.

Ya, I forgot to do that. We are getting a prett good data base built up. Thanks

Search the Lake Norman area as we have many marinas and some rv parks. And there's me here too! B)

Check out dale Hollow Lake in Tn. Rated #1 houseboat lake in the country.

The problem is not finding plenty of great lakes and rivers. The problem is finding RV parks for parking a motor home for so many months--preferably on a lake or river. Most RV facilities are for shorter term residences.

It'd be best if you'd buy a big RV travel guide, and identify semi-long term RV parking in the areas that you're interested.

Everyone on this website has a preferred place to be, and virtually all the bigger cities in the Southeast have really good lakes closeby. I personally prefer the Tennessee River, as it's by far the best inland cruising river in the U.S. There are about nine large lakes below Knoxville, one north of Knoxville and one east of Knoxville that are absolutely great. Dale Hollow in Middle Tennessee is also a fabulous lake. Tennessee also has no state income taxes, cheap license plates and a low cost of living.

We keep a RV in the Northeast Georgia mountains, close to the fabulous Lake Burton and Chatuge Lake. (NE Georgia and Western NC is where Floridians go on vacation.) Like was said, a busy Lake Norman is NW of Charlotte but Columbia, SC also has Lake Murray. The GA/SC border 90 mi. east of Atlanta has 3 fine lakes @ Anderson and Clemson, in the foothills of the mountains.

I prefer staying close to medium size cities (smaller than Atlanta and Charlotte), as I left the big city lifestyle 10 years ago. Smaller cities are just easier to deal with.

It sounds as if you need to make a whirlwind road trip of a region in the Southeast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Find a lake buy a lot, build a pad, add elec & sewer. Done. ( I know it's not that easy but it sounds simple)

Last edited by a moderator:
All great advice. That's why I really like this forum. Lots to think about and some trips planned for the winter. Man, it's been raining for a week here in Wi. And temps in the 50's.

Back