Question about GPS

jfrack77

Reaction score
Quick question,

If you order the Garmin Offshore GPS with a 2014 (The pic looks like an Echomap 50s)  do they install the transducer and wire it to the gps (for depth?)

Sorry if that is a dumb question....

If you don't know the answer, then it is a great question.  

Sorry, I have no answer for you.

Not sure if I am understanding your question but when I added the inland lakes [which I think is the same as adding offshore] to my Garmin 531s it came as an SD card that fit into the SD card slot on the Garmin

It is a Echomap 50s and it does come with sensor wired and ready to go.  Haven't used it much yet cause of weather but it does depth, speed, water temp, sonar/fish finder,

Garmin provides owners manual on their website if you would like to see what all it will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the answer is yes..just got one installed 431s and did the Inland lake upgrade and I think I could navigate the globe, knowing water temp, depth, currents, ect

It is a Echomap 50s and it does come with sensor wired and ready to go.  Haven't used it much yet cause of weather but it does depth, speed, water temp, sonar/fish finder,

Garmin provides owners manual on their website if you would like to see what all it will do.
Thanks sunnyside, this is exactly what I needed to know.   I wasnt sure whether i would still need a depthfinder with the GPS (My current boat has a separate depth finder, it does not read on the GPS)

I got the 50s and everything was wired and set up to go.  I love it.

I got the 50s and everything was wired and set up to go.  I love it.
Here's the longer story to my GPS purchase.  I knew I wanted the 5" screen, and was told I would get the 531s.  We were surprised to get the 50s, although unannounced changes seem to happen quite a bit (they added a sink to the front of the my helm as apparently a new standard feature on my 2014 without warning).  

I do really like the 50s, until I heard there was a 70s that had a touchscreen.  With today's smartphones, ipads, etc, you sure do get used to a touchscreen instead of arrow keys and a slow cursor.  But I guess you can always chase the latest technology, with the attending increase in costs, and sometimes enough is enough.

I'll stick with my "love it" comment.

Back