Question About Performance Turns

patcraver

Reaction score
Its supposed to be around 80 here on Sunday and we are hoping to take the boat out again. I wanted to get some videos of me doing performance turns with the SPS but since this is my first boat and I don't want to mess anything up is there a limit to how fast I can go or how quickly I can turn the wheel? For example if I'm going 35 and turn the wheel all the way as quickly as I can, could this damage anything?

The boat will handle the turn.  Just make sure the passengers know what you are going to do.  There are no arms on the couches to keep them in place. 

Last edited by a moderator:
And things will slide or fly all over. Just use common sense and ease into and out of the turns first and you'll be fine.

Have you completed your break in ?

I'm the type to worry so I just wanted to be extra sure. Jack I have a little over 9 hours between the few hours we were on the water when we picked it up and last weekend, so about another hour to go.

I'm jealous 

I'm the type to worry so I just wanted to be extra sure. Jack I have a little over 9 hours between the few hours we were on the water when we picked it up and last weekend, so about another hour to go.

I'm trying to get as much time on the water as I can now, the baby comes the middle of July so I'm sure I won't see the water much the rest of the summer.

Did you get a top speed yet ?

I got it up to 39.5 GPS. I didn't want to have it at WOT for more than a minute since my dealer recommended not being at WOT for more than a minute until I have 10 hours on the motor. I'm sure we can hit 40 just playing with trim a little.

Looking forward to the videos. 10 more days until ours is delivered!

Did you take a boating course?

Cwag I did take boaters safety. Its required in PA if you are born January 1st 1982 or later.

Just checkin'.   :lol:

Patrick,

Where you running? Allegheny River? Looks like lots of open space. I'm really jealous if so !!!

Yep Allegheny River between locks 3 and 4. It's a wide open part of the river and I hope good fishin' too!

So if you go through the locks, what's the distance you can travel up/down the river?

Are you using one of the marinas?

I was looking at satellite pics, and there's some big boats cruising that area.

I guess I'm just not used to seeing boats that size down in this area.

Thank you Sir! I haven't seen that yet.

I can go from mile marker 14 to 24 in the pool I am docking at. I am docking at manni's lighthouse marina in New Kensington at mile marker 18 I believe. I can go down two locks to get to the point outside the stadiums in Pittsburgh. Ive been told from local boaters it would take around an hour to an hour and a half to lock through from my marina to the point. I could also go down the ohio or up the monongahela from the point.

Back