Question About Performance Turns

By the way there are a lot of huge boats at my marina. When we put in at the marina last Saturday there were at least 30 boats over 30 feet still winterized in storage.

I can go from mile marker 14 to 24 in the pool I am docking at. I am docking at manni's lighthouse marina in New Kensington at mile marker 18 I believe. I can go down two locks to get to the point outside the stadiums in Pittsburgh. Ive been told from local boaters it would take around an hour to an hour and a half to lock through from my marina to the point. I could also go down the ohio or up the monongahela from the point.
That sounds awesome! I would love to have options like that from my dock.

I can go from mile marker 14 to 24 in the pool I am docking at. I am docking at manni's lighthouse marina in New Kensington at mile marker 18 I believe. I can go down two locks to get to the point outside the stadiums in Pittsburgh. Ive been told from local boaters it would take around an hour to an hour and a half to lock through from my marina to the point. I could also go down the ohio or up the monongahela from the point.
Wow !! You could take some loooooong weekend trips !! I'm super envious now. It's like your own Intracoastal Waterway.

Its kind of funny I have always lived within 10 minutes of the river and last saturday was the first time I have ever boated on it. Another good thing is one of the only ethanol free gas stations in the area is at a marina 1 mile down the river from our marina.

That sounds awesome! I would love to have options like that from my dock.
I hear ya. I'm on a lake 3-1/2 miles long x 2-1/2 at its widest at full pool. But I'll take it ..... At least we are on the water ... Beats sitting in my recliner. :)

Its kind of funny I have always lived within 10 minutes of the river and last saturday was the first time I have ever boated on it. Another good thing is one of the only ethanol free gas stations in the area is at a marina 1 mile down the river from our marina.
Don't be scared by ethanol. If you treat the gas and have the fuel/water filter you should be fine. I've been boating since 2006-ish, and treated every tank and only issue I had was a jet boat that had old fuel lines and they turned to goo (prior to me replacing everything). I've almost always used ethanol fuel with Yamaha filter, Marine Stabil & Yamaha Ring Free and, knock on wood, never had fuel issues.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't buy ethanol free if i had it available without going out of my way and paying extra. Even with ethanol free, I still recommend Stabil. Waters water, ethanol just seems to attract it faster.

I'm glad you mentioned fuel with ethanol is ok if you use marine stabil. The gas station and the marina with ethanol free fuel in the area were both closed last Saturday so I bought regular gas with 1 oz marine stabil per 10 gallons of fuel. I was a little worried it could still do some damage so that was a relief.

No, you should be fine. The newer motors are designed with ethanol resistant components, BUT, I would not run it without Stabil or Startron, or Yamaha Ring & Fuel stabilizer.

It can still cause havoc if untreated and sits for a long period of time (which a lot of boats ON WATER do).

And don't be afraid to use too much, it won't hurt. I usually drop an ounce in my 5 gallon jug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

You're welcome !!

Just out of curiosity ,how much more in your area for ethanol free on the water ? $2.50-$3.00 a gallon higher in Northern Michigan ,only 40-50 cents on the street 

I haven't seen the marina prices yet but 89 ezero is 4.25 a gallon on the street regular 89 is around 3.89.

Thats about what the street prices are here,Thanks .

Last year I made the decision to haul ethanol free gas to the boat and bought three 5-gallon cans.  I did so not to save money rather as it is best for my Yamaha 115.  It is only available as 92 octane and I pass the gas station on the way to the lake so it is not of my way.  Current price for 92 octane is $4.189 and the current price for regular [with etanol] for my car is $3.899.  Guess I like my boat more than the car :)

This is what I use 

One it is Better for motor ,and yes I am saving money when the marina charged $6.50 a gallon last season .

We have the best price in the country. Regular on the street is $3.35. I have 3 stations near by that have ethanol free the last fill up was $3.59. I guess we're lucky.

Just wanted to give a little update if anyone is interested. We were out doing some fishing with 8 adults on Sunday morning and lots of fishing gear, a full cooler and a full tank of gas and we still hit 37.5 GPS and there is some slight growth starting on the toons. I was very pleased with this considering all of the weight we had on board. We also went out in the afternoon to do some tubing and with 4 people on board pulling 2 people on a tube the boat handled excellent. The SPS works unbelieveable for tubing, we could throw the tubers off relatively easy if we wanted while turning to pull them quickly back across the wake. We have the Airhead G-Force 3 tube and I would also highly recommend this tube to anyone that likes rough tubing for adults. I wouldn't recommend for children though as it really throws the riders around.

Back